Chapter 4- The Day After

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 4- The Day After

"People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used." –Unknown

I waited by Emma's locker, holding my books to my chest as I listened to her drone on about her Easter dinner. Emma has younger cousins so her family set up an Easter egg hunt in her back yard for fun. To be a child again would be great. Free candy and chocolate bunnies, I'll take it. It wasn't until I pushed my hair that was covering my eyes when I noticed JC taking his normal long strides on the opposite side of the hallway.

I turned my head watching him walk on by. I let a smile play on my lips as a small greeting. Even though, I was sure he looked my way, he didn't smile back. He didn't wave, or show any greeting back. Odd. Maybe he didn't see me after all.

"Hello! Paisley, have you been listening to a word I say?" She exclaimed shutting her locker and putting her hand on her hip.

I whip my head back in her direction nodding my head, "Of course. How many eggs did you hide?" I questioned, walking with her.

"About a hundred, maybe more. So how was your day yesterday?" She asked, sipping her water as we made our way to the math wing.

Thinking about yesterday brought an unwanted blush to my cheeks. Something Emma didn't pick up on thankfully. "Um, it was pleasant." Yes. Pleasant. Great one Paisley.

"Good for you." She praised as we started walking up the stairs, "What was that thing your grandmother said yesterday at church all about? Something about the Ace's." She reminded me as we stopped in the middle of the busy staircase.

"A warning she's been pressing on for years." I mumble shaking my head. If she knew what happened yesterday, God, the gasket she'd blow! "My mom told her off when she brought it up again at dinner. I couldn't have been more relived." I said with a light chuckle.

"Yeah, your grandmother is really uptight. She needs to remove the stick up her ass." Emma comments. We both start laughing after I had scolded her playfully. Sure she's my grandmother, but you can't deny the truth.

=====

There was no doubt in my mind that JC was definitely ignoring me. How so you may wonder? Well, when one blatantly says hello to their face in the cafeteria lunch line, and all you get is a half grin in return, you get the message loud and clear.

It was like he didn't even know who I was. I assumed he's strike up conversation, ask me how my day is or he'd comment about how his was going. Complain about a teacher or give a devilish smirk as thoughts of last night crossed his memory, but none of that happened. He made me feel like nothing, like dirt, and all he did was grin at my greeting.

Not only did I feel completely self-humiliated, I felt used. I felt like one of those girls in some teen chick novel that was used for sex and dumped. Involuntarily signed up for The Virgin Games between multi-cliché groups of boys to see who could sleep with the most girls, or who could crack the toughest virgin nut. I don't think I expected JC and I to be attached at the hip or boyfriend and girlfriend right away just because we did it on his couch; but I expected at least friendly conservation. A hello back!

So yes, I guess you could say I'm ticked off, annoyed, angry, upset, and heartbroken. I don't remember ever having a crush on JC, I don't have one now- especially now- but it was nice to make a friend, to be a friend to one who doesn't.

Getting to know JC yesterday, some of his personality when he's not on constant watch from the public eye, he didn't seem to be one to do this. But then again, he is the infamous JC Ace. The boy who sleeps with girls, talks back to the teachers, ditches class, smokes, parties, has bad language, tattoos and only goes to church twice a year. JC, the kid who grew up too fast but not in the right way.

"You have not been yourself today." Alice observes, slamming my locker door on my face. I cringe back, bringing my hand back that almost got caught in the accident.

I sigh, turned the knob on my locker to get back in, "What do you mean?" I ask carelessly grabbing a notebook from my locker and rethinking if I really needed it.

"You've been really quiet. Quieter than usual." She informs to me suspiciously. "What's wrong?" She asks concerned.

"Nothing is wrong." I lie to her throwing the notebook back in. I look through my book back and decide to put back half of the things I thought I had needed. "I'm fine Alice. You don't need to worry about me." I chuckle lightly, closing my locker door on my own.

"You've just been very odd today. I thought maybe something was bothering you." She had no idea and I was about to tell her that my virginity was taken away either. She would be one of the last people I'd tell. I swear Alice was a saint in a different life time. She'd judge me just as harshly as my mother. If I told her I'd practically be telling my mother.

"Nothing is bothering me. You've got nothing to worry about." I grin, walking down the hall so we could leave school. I searched for my car keys in my bag, listening for the jingle. "Have you seen Emma around by any chance?" I ask curiously. Usually she'd walk out with us at the end of the day.

"Last I saw her, she was talking to Mr. Tabb." With a smirk on both of our faces we both knew Emma was probably enjoying talking to the young male teacher and giggling shamelessly.

"Well then, if you talk to her before me, tell her youth group is moved to Wednesday. I guess there's a bridal shower at the church Friday." I tell her as we both walk to our cars.

"Oh alright, good to know." Alice replies, using her clicker to unlock her car. "See you tomorrow." She says getting into her car.

"See ya." I reply back, throwing my backpack in the back seat. Looking over the parking lot, someone caught my eye. Of course it was JC Ace. He stood by his dark blue jeep, holding his door open and looking over to me. I stared back, not bothering to wave my hand, sot save the embarrassment of being rejected again.

So instead, we stared at each other for a solid two minutes before I broke al contact and looked away, getting into my car. Not even alone in a parking lot did JC even give the slightest greeting to me. It just goes to show that I guess JC isn't the type of guy I thought he was. He's the one everyone talks about. All the rumors are true and I was dumb enough to think differently.

===========================================

Sorry for the really short chapter! Didn't want to mesh it with what's to come.

It's more of a filler/the day after effect. There might be a lot of WELL HELLO DID YOU USE PROTECTION!? WHY ARE YOU SO NAÏVE! YOU FORGOT ABOUT THE RUBBER!

Well, that all goes into play with what's coming in the next chapter. If it's not clear, Paisley is in such shock and mentally she can't completely come to terms with what's happened in the past 17 hours, other than she lost her virginity and it goes against everything her mother brought her up to not do until after marriage, (that will come more in the next chapter).

This chapter was more to show the relationship/ after math of how JC is treating Paisley after their night, and how she feels about it. The next chapter should be up very soon. We know this chapter was a drag but we needed to put that info of "the next day" into play. Hope you all understand!

Comment! Vote! Fan!- Kylie & Kelsey