Response

It had been almost a month since Milagros chose to stay with Antonio, and Antonio had never been happier. As for Milagros, she got her Mexican citizenship with the help of Anthony and her family. They were upset that she decided to stay in Mexico. Milagros had to lie about certain things, but she told them that she wanted to help the village children; it was always her passion. Milagros also convinced him to go to therapy to help him with his trauma. Even she will get some therapy to help her what she had gone through with Antonio.

Also, she had to tell her father about Antonio, and he was not happy, but in the end, he relented. His daughter was a grown woman who could make her own choices, even though he disagreed with them.

For Milagros, it was a bit hard to leave her home behind and live in another country, but it became a bit more bearable with Antonio. At first, she felt pity for the man, but the more she stayed with him, the more she grew to love him as a man. He was a man that she always wanted, respectful, kind, loving, and faithful.

On the other hand, their relationship was not truly perfect, they did have their disagreements, but they would overcome them. Milagros was the only teacher in the village at the moment, and all loved her.

Also, because of Milagros, they slowly began to accept Antonio.

One night, Milagros got off from work and went to her home with Antonio. The lights were on. When she entered the house, she smelled food from the kitchen and knew that Antonio was cooking dinner. She went towards the kitchen, and there she saw Antonio put food on plates. He looked up and smiled. "You are home. I made enchiladas and arroz."

"Smells good." She sat on the chair, as did Antonio.

Both ate while speaking about their day.

However, Milagros noticed that Antonio looked uneasy, but she did not ask until they finished dinner. "You know, you look uneasy. Is something bothering you, Antonio?"

Antonio put his fork down and took a deep breath as he looked at Milagros. "Are you...happy here with me?"

Milagros was surprised by the question. "It was hard at first, but I have grown accustomed to it. Why?"

He stood. "How do you feel about me?"

"You are a wonderful man that treats me with so much love and happiness. You are what I dreamed of."

Antonio walked closer to her until he was in front of her. All of a sudden, he knelt on one leg before her. He reached in his pocket and got out a ring. "H-How would you feel if you spent the rest of your life with me? I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Will you marry me?"

Milagros sat still. She opened her lips, trying to say something, but no words came out.

As for Antonio, his heartbeat is with nervousness because of the silence.

Then, a smile came across her face. She put her arms around him. "Yes, I will."

Antonio felt tears forming in his eyes. He stood on his two feet and hugged Milagros with all his might.

"I also have to tell you something."

He looked at her. "What is it?"

She looked at him. "I'm pregnant."