Chapter 7: Forgiveness Is Sweeter Than Ice Cream Adisa Edition

Adisa was frustrated. He felt so stupid, so useless. When it came to George, he always seemed to mess it all up. Every time that he thought things were normal he would mess up and would make himself look like a wild man. Like he was still in the jungle.

That was the problem too. He wasn't in the same jungle. He was in a stone one. A cold one. This one was filled with rules and clothing and furry beasts in boxes. Even though it wasn't a hard place to live in, he had a hard time adjusting, but she made it easy for him. She fed him and gave him a place to sleep. Adisa was grateful in many ways, but he didn't know how to show it.

When he had found the music plate, he was elated, because he had seen it before and in the back of his mind he could hear a man's voice singing wonderful tunes. He'd thought that once he had heard it again it would unlock a memory of his parents. George entered and made him feel bad. Then his anger replaced guilt. He had lost his temper, thinking she was his enemy again. He had felt ashamed that he broke his promise with her.

Georgia

By the time Dan had persuaded me to continue whatever I was doing with Adisa, it was noon. I had also taken another hour to come up with a plan that would calm both of us down and give me some relief.

I found him moping by the balcony. He was leaning against the sliding doors. His dark brown eyes were trained on the outside world.

"Adisa?" I was still nervous around him and stayed a few feet further than necessary. He looked up at me warily. Like he was cautious. "Um...how about we make a deal?" The wild man relaxed a little bit, but the frown remained.

"George okay?" He knuckle-walked over to me. "Adisa no again." My eyebrow arched at his words.

"It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't trust you, so technically I don't believe you." I nervously reached and pulled a strand of hair back. His eyes followed my movement. "Back to that deal. If you let me cut your hair after I bathe you, I'll play the record for you." He perked up and ooo-ed in excitement, unexpectedly making me stifle tiny giggles.

I couldn't be mad at him for very long. It seemed to go against everything inside of me and as much as I wanted to be angry, I just couldn't. I'm sure he had his reasons beside being from a jungle.

I lead him into the bathroom and turned on water, adding some bubble bath . I told him to get undressed and into the tub, but to holler for me when he was done. After having too many sexual encounters, I'd thought it was time for us to nip them in the bud before something happened.

I smiled as I walked into the bathroom, because he had literally yelled 'George', which made me jump up from seat. There he sat in the tub with his fingers grasping the edges tightly like he was afraid of drowning. "You know you can let go." He just shook his head and tensed more. "I won't let anything happen to you while I'm around, okay?" Adisa responded with a curt nod.

I had brought two small towels and had him wash his lower body while I did the top. He had to learn sometime, right?

Towards the end of the bath after I had washed the suds from his chest, he was relaxed. His body was stretched out as much as his huge body could fit. All of the tension in his body disappeared and his eyes were drooping. I watched him as I wet his hair and began to massage his scalp with my peach shampoo. He moaned softly as I untangled as much of his hair as possible. My cheeks warmed and I continued until I remember about cutting his hair. I rinsed the shampoo out and added leave-in conditioner before telling him it was time to get out. I held out a towel, but closed my eyes. My mind started to remember what I'd seen the first time I bathed him. There were sounds of splashing. Then I felt lukewarm water pool at my feet.

I opened one eye and gingerly wrapped the towel around his waist. While he dried himself, I went to get what I needed to cut hair and the dusty record player down from the closet.

Once the music began to play Adisa appeared from the bathroom. His eyes lit up and he smiled a dazzling smile.

Holy cow. I think I went blind for a second.

"Adisa not hurt George. Okay?" He stood and grabbed my wrist, rubbing my hand against my cheek. I nodded and felt myself blush for the hundredth time that day.

At first, he was a little hesitant. Every time the scissors snipped and I had to place the clip over a section of hair, he flinched, but eventually he had gotten over it. I cut his hair to the base of his hair and marveled at how well it shaped his face.

"Adisa know." He interrupted my silent swooning.

"You know what?" I started to gather his hair and the extra stuff.

"Adisa knows name." I dropped all of the hair and ran to him. My hands cupped his face.

"What is it?" His brows furrowed and he stopped breathing for a moment.

"C-Car-ter." Carter! Wait.

That could be a first name or last.

"Shit." Adisa growled playfully and I smiled at him in return. "I guess we deserve a treat since we got a lot done today. Let's have ice cream after dinner." He tilted his head in confusion.

We spent the rest of the day watching television. He seemed to really enjoy animal planet. Then after a dinner of steak and baked potatoes, we dined on two fine bowls of Chunky Monkey ice cream. Adisa didn't bother using a spoon after his first taste and I couldn't blame him either. The junk was the good.

"Do you miss the jungle?" It was just a random question as we sat on the floor with spoonfuls of ice cream.

"Adisa miss King and family." He sat his bowl down, his attention completely on me.

"Who is King?"

"King is ape," He stood and puffed his chest out. His fists thundered down on his chest like it was a drum. "King leader. King friend. King family" He smiled at a distant memory. Then his eyes looked out the window. "Sleep?" I grabbed the bowls and tossed them in the sink. Adisa had slept in Dan's room the night before, so we parted ways after saying good night.

....

Sometime after midnight, the door of my room squeaked upon it's hinges. The sound had woken me up. "W-who's there?" I asked deliriously. I sat up and turned on the bedside lamp.

"Adisa." He entered and shut the door.

He looked tired. "You can't sleep?" He nodded. "Come on." I waved his forward, too sleepy to ask anymore questions. As soon as my head hit the pillow I released a content sigh and was unconscious after I'd felt the bed dip.

**************************************************************************************

Ä/Ñ: Hey Gills and Gals! I have finally updated lol. I hope it satisfied you guys and I know it been a month or two, but I've been busy. I have other stories that need to be tended and new ones to start thank you very much. I want to thank the loyalty I've been shown, but I want to remind you guys that when I haven't updated this, I updated something else, so if you would be kind enough to read another one of my stories I would really appreciate it. 

This actually made a pretty high ranking, but because if my lack of updates it dropped and now we're back to the starting board.

Again I love comments so add how you feel about this chapter!

Don't forget to ...Vote. Fan. Comment.

Thanks A Billion!

KioPio

K.L.C.