26. byron langley

requested by @milzy2003

"haha look at her! she can't read!" i heard a voice mutter from the back of the class, followed by some sniggers, and i sighed, as i was dyslexic and found it difficult to read things quickly.

i'd already started the day off by having to rush, and i was more tired than usual, and with some people just being dicks today, i was really in a bad mood when i went home.

i walked into the flat with a sigh, and heard my boyfriend, byron, call "hey babe, how was your day?"

"it was alright." i said, not wanting to bother him, but my eyes teared up.

"good." he said, and walked to where i was, extending his arms to me.

i faked a smile and hugged him, exhaling heavily when his arms slipped comfortably around my waist.

"are you alright?" byron asked softly, looking into my eyes.

"yeah, the wind just made my eyes water." i lied with a little chuckle and byron smiled.

"i think i'm gonna go and have a bath." i sighed, almost on the verge of tears.

"oh, okay. are you sure you're good?" he asked, and i hated lying to him, but i nodded and offered him another fake smile, before going into our ensuite.

i ran the hot water and put bubbles in it, before playing some chilled music, and getting into the bath.

closing my eyes, i relaxed and lay down, resting my head, as a few tears rolled down my cheeks out of frustration.

"y/n?" i heard byron say from the other side of the door, "y/n, babe are you alright? y/f/n texted me what happened today." he said.

he opened the bathroom door, as i never bothered to lock it, and he knelt down on the floor next to the bath.

"i'm okay." i said.

"no, i can see the tear tracks on your cheeks." byron said, leaning forwards to press kisses to my cheeks.

"sorry." i whispered.

"don't be sorry." he said, "please, just ignore them. i know it might be difficult, but just don't listen to them. i'm always here for you, you can talk to me."

"i just didn't want to worry you." i said.

"oh, babe, it's fine, i want to know, i want to help you." he pressed a kiss to the top of my head, "you're dyslexia doesn't make you a worse person, you're so stunning, and kind, and funny, and i wouldn't change you for the world." he said, and i found more tears falling down my cheeks.

"thank you." i mumbled, with a small, but genuine, smile, as byron chuckled at me and cupped my face, brushing my tears away with his thumbs.

"i love you." he said, and pressed a kiss to my lips, before standing up and grabbing a towel, "come on, we can go and cuddle and i'll order pizza." he passed the towel to me, wrapping me up in it, and slipping his arms around my waist.

"thank you, i love you too." i said, and byron went downstairs to order the pizza and let me get dressed into one of his t-shirts.

i went downstairs and found him sat on the sofa, so i sat with him, his arms slipping around my waist and pulling me to him as he cuddled me, and i turned my head to kiss him, my hands cupping his face.

for the rest of the evening, byron completely took my mind off what'd happened today at school, and i had a lovely evening just eating pizza, cuddling, and talking and laughing with him.