Chapter Twenty-Two

This week's dream cast is brought to you by: NIGHTFLOWER19

Casper - Ian Somerhalder

Sophie- Nina Dorbev

Sally - Candice King

Nico - Micheal Trevino

Jacques - Joseph Morgan

The Royal Hunting Lodge

Sophie Reese

I wanted to get back to the house as soon as possible, but the weather had turned against me. A fog had rolled down the mountainside, bringing with it a fine rain that was mixing with the snow to create a slush that was lethal to move in.

In my panic, I had tried to run full speed back to the house, but I had only ended up with my ass in the mud. So I slowed down and navigated my way back up to the front steps of the house.

It was hard not to run. Something had grabbed me back in those woods and it had tried to pull me over the wall. But what was it? Had it been human?

I focused on the main lights of the house. The closer I got to the lights, the safer I felt.

Soon enough, I was at the bottom step of the stairs that led straight to the front door. The panic inside me had subsided and although I was covered in blood, frost and mud, I felt calm because in a few moments I would be walking through that front door and straight into the warmth and safety of the house.

I started running up the steps, taking them two at a time. I was so close to front door, but something made me stop at last step... something didn't feel right.

It was an intuitive feeling in my gut that forced me to turn back towards the woods to see if that thing was following me.

Holding my breath, I stared into the darkness. The fog and rain shrouded the woods in a dark cloak of mist and from where I was standing, I could only make out the blurry outline of a few branches.