13. The Tutor

*Recap of chapter 12*

Carson and Ryan shook hands, but I felt like there was tension on Ryan's side. Douche.

"Well, is he like staying at your house?"

"Yeah." I went on to tell them about our wonderful night.

"Gracie, you need a new family." Rose said at the end of the story.

"Yeah, I know."

"Carson, what did you think of them?"

"Embarrassing and obnoxious, but I can handle it." He smiled.

"That's good. It would be rough handling them. Trust me. I have in the past."

We talked for a while, and Rose kept asking Carson questions. Then things started getting uncomfortable. Mandy, a whore that used to fight with me every day, came over.

13

"Gracie." She sneered.

"Mandy." I greeted sweetly. "How have you been?"

"Much better since you left."

"Why must people say that? It hurts you know."

"Nothing breaks that ice heart."

"So true." I chuckled.

"By the way I think the new hair suits you better."

"Whoa, back up. Was that an actual compliment?"

"Yeah it was. I decided to turn a new leaf."

I narrowed my eyes. "I don't trust you as far as I can throw you. Why would you want to turn a new leaf? That makes no sense. We enjoyed making each other miserable too much."

"Well, people can change Gracie. It looks like you have too. Who's this boy? A boyfriend?"

"Yeah, this is Carson. Carson, this is Mandy."

"Nice to meet you." He greeted pleasantly.

She smiled at him. "So what's it like to date the biggest dumbest bitch from this school."

"There we go. That's what I was looking for." I said smiling and crossing my arms.

Carson piped up. "It's actually pretty entertaining. Like now for instance."

I turned and glared at him. "You're not going to argue with her?"

"No." He said smirking.

I hit his arm and turned back to Mandy.

"Well it looks like even your little boyfriend agrees."

"Yeah, and despite that he still is with me."

"I can't see why."

I turned to Carson. "Want to tell her?"

"Sure, I lost a bet." He said. I punched his arm again. "Just kidding, I do actually like her. She's funny."

I turned back around to Mandy then just like that I had chocolate pudding in my face. I screamed and heard Mandy laughing. I could hear people chuckling behind me.

That's when I lunged at her. We were wrestling on the ground and I managed to get some of the pudding that was on me on her.

People began surrounding us, chanting either of our names. Mine was mostly being yelled. That made me feel good.

Finally I felt someone grab my waist and yank me off her. I looked back and it was Carson smirking. "I feel a sense of déjà vu."

"Shut up."