19. Frankie is basically fucked

EDITED

The wind howled as the students arrived through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. The halls were crowded with people, and the chaos was so perfect, like a movie. There was the couple that was always making out on the left side of the hall, and about ten feet farther down, the cliquey girls.

Opposite them, the cliquey jocks, and between them, the parade of band geeks with their huge instrument cases. There were the instagram kids who never did anything but take Xanax pills and Red Devils and the fashion kids wearing thrifted clothes that didn't really make sense and then there was her.

Frankie blowed out her cigarette smoke into the wind, she hated school.

Soon the bell ranged and Frankie stumped into her cigarette and took a deep breath. She despised the education system and she despised being told what to do so school for her was just a nightmare, but honestly it didn't matter she had philosophy the first hour then two hours of social studies and one of math so basically she had 4 hours free for napping.

Boredom kills.

Frankie has slept for at least 3 hours of class that morning but now she was wide awake listening to her old gross teacher talk about something. There she was tapping on the school desk repetitively with the end of her pencil, staring out of the window, wishing she was anywhere but here.

She glanced at the clock for the hundredth time, twenty more minutes and she would be able to go to lunch. The rest of the room was quiet except for the thick Scottish voice of her teacher talking and the occasional swivel of a chair.

Time flowed like cement, she checked her phone for the time. A minute had passed since she last checked an hour ago, or so it seemed. Sitting there with nothing to do but stare at a wall with chipped cream paint was excruciatingly dull.

She began to drift into an unpleasant daydream or was it a paranoid fantasy? So hard to tell and she didn't care. It helped to pass the time and she wasn't one for entertaining himself with optimism.

Frankie  slumped at the desk-for-one, flicking at the tape that peeled from the side to reveal the MDF board underneath. These plastic chairs didn't look that shit a few years ago but now they were wrecked with doodles of penis all over them, she hated them besides they made her back ache.

She decided to doodle for a while waiting for the class to end and before she even got to process it the class was over and she made her way to her spot in the benches outside.

Amber was already there, on their bench with a pack of fags on the table and no food because eating isn't as cool as being trendy and vogue skinny feels. She had her fading pink hair in braids with no makeup on her face, her school uniform breaking every rule of the dress code with her ripped black tights, doc martens and jean jacket full of patches- today she was giving tumblr goth slut vibes.

" I haven't seen you in like forever, you skipped school yesterday and the day before" Amber pointed out with raised eyebrows and a smirk on her face. "Did you and James had a good time?" Amber had met James a couple times and she was ok with him, I mean she thought he was a dick but an ok kind of dick.

" Well yeah kind of, it's a long story" Frankie said looking at the cloudy London sky asking for salvation.

"Well, then I'm gland that lunch is 45 minutes and after we have PE that of course we are going to skip" Amber said lighting a fag motioning with her hand so that she start her story.

"Ok so long story short i went to a proper posh party with James and I drank a lot and Mia the bitch was there and James felt sad so I took him to the bathroom to give him a blowjob to make him feel better"

"Of course as you do" Amber said under her breath.

"Anyway he was about to cum and he moaned Mia instead of my name but I didn't have time to properly react cause drunk me forgot to lock the bathroom and Matty Healy walked on us and well James left and I talked to Matty and we started screaming at each other and I was about to leave but he told me he was going to give me a ride and yeah I went with him and I don't remember anything else next thing I know I woke up on his bed but he swears we didn't fuck and for some reason I believe him you know?"

"Wait what, you sleep with him on his bed, with Matty fucking Healy?"

"Yeah but that's besides the point then his girlfriend came from a trip and I had to hide in the closet and sneak out the front door while she was cooking him breakfast and then-then he left me a voicemail saying if I was ok and I don't know what to do with that"

"Why does your life sound like a badly written fanfic from Wattpad?"

"AMBEEERRR "

"It does!!"

Both friends stayed in silence for a bit, Amber was trying to come to terms with all this new information and Frankie was just trying to not blush.

"I think you're falling for him" Amber said after a while looking into the school building as the bell rang and people were starting to go inside and resume their classes.

"No I'm not, he's an asshole with curly hair and skinny jeans"

"Precisely, that's literally your type"

" I just, I don't know, he smells like weed, cologne and cigarettes. I just get this urge to sit closer to him just to take in the aroma but I don't think thats polite or normal and fuck."

"Fuck Amber, his laugh is so infectious and he never shuts up and I just want him to continue talking forever because his voice is so deep but not that much just a semi-octave lower than usual. I don't think I love him, for God's sake I don't even think I like him but I am infatuated by him. I can't control it it's just that when he is near me I feel his gravitational pull and I can't help but spin into orbit."

" Well I'm sorry to say so Frankie but you are utterly and irreversibly fucked"

"Fuck Amber I know, there was something about him the first time I saw him with his arms wrapped around that blonde but I didn't think much about it and now, now I don't know what to do"

"There is a hopelessly romantic notion that two people can meet and instantly fall in love"Amber said inhaling her cigarette.

Frankie rolled her eyes; that was utter bullshit, the thought of two people meeting and forming a bond so deep that no one could break was fairytale material for her but for some reason her mind focused on Matty when the word love left Amber's lips.