four

real life & group chat

Weekends are for relaxing, going out with your friends, leaving your weekday worries behind, catch up on your shows

Weekends are for relaxing, going out with your friends, leaving your weekday worries behind, catch up on your shows. They're just for enjoying yourself. What's not enjoyable is being bored on a Saturday afternoon in your home all alone.

Alexa was all alone in the shared loft. Her two roommates are out. Bria, a high school art teacher, is at school helping her students with an art project. Shay is at work where she's a face character at Disneyland. Sometimes she's Alice from Alice in Wonderland and other times she's Wendy Darling from Peter Pan. She's great for those characters because she's both British and short, a big thing since Alice and Wendy are children.

Alexa sighed as she changed the channel and ate a grape. Even with cable there's nothing to watch. With a heavy sigh, she settled for Full House, the episode where the Tanner family runs a telethon after Danny falls asleep while hosting said telethon. Alexa watched Stephanie dance across the floor, a wide smile on the young girls face.

"She's a good dancer" Alexa mumbled. Her phone began to ding and she groaned and slipped down the couch until she was lying on the floor. She heard the phone ding again and it vibrated on the table.

Alexa blindly reached up and patted the table in search of her phone. She felt the smooth screen under her hand and curled her fingers over the phone and brought it down to her. She unlocked her phone and was immediately taken to the Avengers group chat 'We have a Hulk'. She read the messages and smiled.

Even though she's never sent them a message, much less met them, she somehow feels like she knows them. She knows the stupid, funny, playful side of them that they don't show in public. She laughs at Steve's innocence, how he doesn't understand Tony's jokes and doesn't know how to use emojis. Thor is the same but he seems to be more optimistic about trying new things. Natasha threatens everyone once in a while. Clint is a bit of a caffeine addict and asks questions like "is pizza bad for dogs?" This causes him and Natasha to argue like siblings. Bruce just seems like a sweetheart, they all do. And Tony, even though he pokes fun at his friends, he enjoys their company, no matter what he says.

Alexa giggled as an idea popped in her head. Between Steve and Thor's innocence and gullibility, and Tony, Clint, Natasha and Bruce's temper/humor/done with life attitude, is all the kindergarten teacher needs.

After careful consideration of the results of finally making herself present in the Avengers group chat, Alexa went ahead and sent a video. It's time to bring the rickroll back.

• • •

We have a Hulk

Legolas;
I have a question.

Femme Fatale;
No, Clint.
All your questions are stupid.