Fast Food Friendship

A/N: Sorry about the wait and the bad title 😂 . I had a whole chapter ready but it got deleted or something ;-;

The Black Phoenix's POV:

"Yugh..." I can't keep having to fight Shade. I'm not sure how the other Kunoichi stack up against her but... she's really something else...

"That was really interesting." Skylor chimed, stepping out of the Kunoichi's simulation room. "Shade's battle style is so..."

"Exhausting..." I sighed.

"Erratic. At first, she was moving pretty carefully and it was hard to get a read on her but as time went on, she got more forceful and heavy handed."

"Which, unfortunately, gave you an opening to steal my powers." The somber Kunoichi of Shadow sighed, stepping out of the simulation room. "Had I not been engulfed in darkness, I would've had the sense enough to avoid your direct touch."

"Right. I've heard that you grow more ferocious when you're cloaked in shadow. Is that a side effect or just your nature?"

"Oh? A little bit of both." Shade replied, her gaze falling on the brightly lit stairwell before us. "You truly are the most like yourself when nobody's watching, or... in my case, when nobody can see you."

"Your powers are very interesting, as well, Skylor." She continued. "The fact that they returned to you after losing them against your father was... ah. I... probably shouldn't be talking about that. That's probably sensitive."

"It's fine. I'm over it for the most part. But honestly, the way you talk about it, I would've figured that you were there. You Kunoichi are pretty... interesting, too, aren't you?"

Skylor seems like she's able to bond with the Kunoichi pretty easily. She really seems to fit in with these girls...

I wonder... do I fit in with them or..?

What am I saying? I came here to get intel for the ninja! I've been doing everything but that, lately!

"That... reminds me." Shade spoke, catching me between thoughts. "Skylor, how did you get your powers back, anyway?"

"Well, believe it or not, I found out that I still had them after a day at my father's- my shop."

"Hm?"

"Really?" I chimed.

"Yes, I could never forget that day. I remember, after I closed up shop, I accidentally slammed the kitchen door, broke three tables in half, and knocked the front door off it's hinges, just by putting the key in..."

That's way too much strength. Even if she'd been working out, that power is... wait. "That sounds like-"

"Cole's increased strength. Mhm." Skylor nodded softly. "The power of the Elemental Master of Earth. But... the thing is, I didn't meet Cole or any of the Ninja that day. At the time, they were all fugitives, I believe. On top of that, I couldn't use any of the other elements that I had gathered in the past..."

That's odd. From what I can tell, Skylor can only copy and use one element at a time now. But to do it, she has to touch the person whose power she wants to use. It has to be imprinted onto her, imprinted into her element, Amber.