Chapter 20; The cute boy is being weird

*Unedited*

Enjoy the chapter!

*

I called the boys as soon as I finished treating Elliot. Luckily, it was just in time for their break, and so I didn't bother them in a middle of a class.

They were all worried, and after I told them everything that happened I'm sure they were even more concerned. Thomas said that there was only one time in which the... beating was so harsh, and that was a long time ago, but they made sure it won't happen again.

I could only imagine how terrible they felt, not putting an end to it.

I did knew that there was no way I let Elliot step foot in that house again, as long as his so called mother was there.

I heard the front door open as I sat in front of Elliot. Was it creepy that I've been looking at him until now? I felt that if I won't, something bad might happen to him.

I never had someone else to take care, someone hurt. It was always me or my aunt taking care of myself, and suddenly I see how awful it is. I never wanted to do this again- how did my ever manage?

I looked at Grey as he entered the living room, not looking a bit surprised to see me here. Thomas must've told him. I kept my eyes on him as he came towards me and Elliot, and I almost held my hand up to stop him from coming any closer. I guess I was the protective kind of a friend. Who knew? I certainly didn't.

The blond sat crouched next to me and gave Elliot a once over.

There was a terrifying silence surrounding us- at least for me-, before he looked at me and asked, "Did you get him out?" I blinked at first, not preparing for him to speak to me.

I nodded carefully, but then a moment later added; "I punched his mother, too." I smiled, proud of the fact I finally threw a fist at someone who deserved it. Well, the pricks I punched in the past always deserved it.

"Don't go around punching people. You'll get in trouble. This time, I'll let it slide, but don't do that. Okay?" his blue-greyish eyes stared into my own green eyes. I sighed, and nodded. Of course, my aunt made me agree with or on something like that more than a few times, but something in his look and voice... made me want to try just a tiny bit.

Even though I was terrified of him.

His phone rang, breaking the silence. "I have to go. Are you okay by yourself?" Grey asked me once he got off the phone. I didn't hesitate to nod. Of course I was.- What did he think I was doing till now?

But I didn't voice that thought. I just didn't feel like it, though he gave me a look like he knew what I thought.

Grey was really weird. But then, through the week I realized that there was someone even weirder out of the bunch. And it wasn't Klay.

*

When the boys came to Thomas' house, they woke Elliot up with all the noise they make. Caleb wasn't there, and they said he had to go home early.

I rolled my eyes, but the Elliot seemed relieved to be in their company.

I made an excuse to leave them for what I hoped was a talk about Elliot situation, one that will finally resolve it.

I felt like they might feel less... guilty with me in the room, because it was me who helped Elliot- when they might think it should've been them.

When I went to the door, Reagan said he'll take me home- but this time, he didn't ask.