42|pretty messed up

-DISCLAIMER-

I do NOT own Teen Wolf

Comment, vote, fan, and let me know what you're thinking!

So I met Victoria Aveyard (author of the Red Queen series) today, and I love her so much omg. She is actually the sweetest person ever and signed my whole series and let me hug her and I love her.

If you haven't already, you should definitely read the Red Queen series!

Also this chapter is gonna be intense, so enjoy!

----------

"This is bad. This is very, very, very bad."
I began to hyperventilate slightly as we all stood in front of the gaping metal hole. We were still slightly in shock after seeing the Kanima leap through it and run off into the club.

Stiles ran towards the exit of the building, leaving us behind. The betas and I looked at each other, before silently agreeing to just follow Stiles. None of us had any better ideas.

"So we kind of lost Jackson inside, but it's. . ." I heard Stiles say. Who was he talking to?

Isaac, Erica and I went out the door, to see Derek and Stiles standing together near the Jeep. I was behind the betas, and nearly ran into them as they slowed to a stop. Isaac knelt down and stared at something on the ground, before looking at Erica with a worried look on his face.

I leaned over his shoulder to see what he was looking at.
"Mountain ash," I whispered.

Stiles' face split into a large grin as he threw his hands up, "Oh, my God! It's working. Oh, this is. . . I did something," he pointed to himself with a proud look on his face.

I smiled a little, stepping a bit closer. But that's when I felt it. Some force pushing at me softly; and I had a feeling that if I were to step closer to the line, it would grow stronger.

I wasn't a werewolf. So why could I feel the mountain ash? Or hear the things I could hear? I had so many questions, and the only one with answers was Peter and he's dead.

Suddenly the sound of a growl ripped through the air. I spun around in a small circle, searching for the origin of the noise.

"Scott," Derek said.

My eyes widened as I stopped spinning to focus on him. "Is he okay?"

Derek wasn't looking at us, but off into the distance. "Break it."

"What?" Stiles exclaimed. "No way."

"Scott's dying!" Derek shouting, pointing to a building which was in the vicinity of the mountain ash.

This immediately caught Stiles' attention, "Okay, what? How do you know that?"

"Oh, my God, Stiles," Derek got right up in his face. "I just know! Break it!"

Stiles spluttered, looking from me to Derek and back again. I nodded quickly, agreeing with Derek. The boy dropped to his knees, brushing apart the ash to create a break in the circle.

Derek rushed past as soon as it was broken, and Stiles just sat there looking disappointed that his hard work had amounted to nothing.

I jumped down off the step and past the line. Don't get me wrong, I was worried for Scott, but I was definitely glad that I didn't have to attempt to explain to anyone why I was unable to cross the mountain ash.

Upon further inspection however, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't the mountain ash that had him down. He was more disappointed then necessary.