one

The mornings in the Barton's household were always chaotic. This morning, however, it seemed that the chaos had multiplied.

"Mom! Have you seen my grey hoodie?"

"Check in your cupboard, Cooper!"

"I am! I can't find it!"

"Lila! Do you have Cooper's hoodie?"

"Why would I have his hoodie, mom? I have my own."

"You always steal my clothes, Lila."

"Well, I didn't steal your hoodie."

"Okay, kids. I'll look for your hoodie now, Coop. Are the two of you done packing?"

"Other than my hoodie, yes."

"I am."

"Clint!"

"Yes, honey?"

"Is Nate done?"

"Just changing his diaper—Oh my lord, Nathaniel! What does your mother feed you?"

"The same thing I fed all the kids, Clint."

Victoria awoke to the madness on her own, not needing an alarm or her mother to do it. She started to fall asleep again before she shot up straight as her door was thrown open. Her brother stood in the entrance and smiled at her.

"Mom asked me to check if you're up yet, sorry if I woke you."

"It's fine, Coop." Victoria sat up and gestured for him. "Come lay with me for a second."

Cooper ran and jumped onto her bed, tactfully kicking his shoes off before he climbed in. He cuddled into her side and put his arms around his big sister. Victoria smiled, messing up his gelled hair ignoring his protests.

"You excited to go skiing?"

"I really am! I can't wait to show dad what I learnt the last time we went and he didn't come with."

"Dunk him a few times for me, will you?"

"You aren't coming with?"

"No, buddy. Cap needs some help with stuff. I'm going on a mission."

"Will dad be joining you?"

"Dad's retired, Coop. No more missions for him."

"Not even when they need help?"

"I can't predict the future, but I'm almost certain he won't be needed any time soon."

Victoria hugged her brother for a while longer, and started to doze off again. This time, she was woken up by her dad, Cooper gone.

"C'mon kiddo! Your ride is here!"

Clint lifted his daughter up and carried her, in her pyjamas, downstairs. After falling out of her father's arms and rushing back up to get dressed, she made her own way back downstairs. Steve sat on the couch, chatting with Clint when she walked in.