• fifty three

So, do it. Decide.
Is this the life
you want to live?
Is this the person
you want to love?
Is this the best you can be?
Can you be stronger?
Kinder? More compassionate?
Decide.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
And decide.

INCEPTIONA starting point

INCEPTION
A starting point.

The silhouette of a man lured over her, effectively making her sit up abruptly with her heart on her throat as she tried to choke back a scream. And although James' warm features were always a pleasant view to see she didn't particularly enjoy seeing him next to her bed at 2 a.m. on Monday morning, the darkness of the room making him blend in with the shadows, nor did she appreciate the heart attack he almost gave her with his unexpected visit. "What the hell are you doing here?" She whisper-shouted, trying to be considerate to her dorm mates who were sound asleep whilst an intruder creeped on their room.

"I couldn't sleep," he answered vaguely, lifting one shoulder in a half-shrug.

"Maybe you should try returning to your bed," she muttered as she tiredly rubbed her eyes, "I'm sure it'll come to you."

"I can't. There's some things I can't get out of my head and it won't let me sleep," he explained.

"And you couldn't talk it out with Sirius?"

"No. It has to be you." A sheepish smile adorned his lips as he spoke.

"Out with it then," she sat up straighter, giving him her undivided yet slightly foggy attention.

"You kissed me."

Alexis threw herself back into her bed with a groan. "Is that why you woke me up?"

"Well, not entirely," a blush creeped up his cheeks, "I just couldn't get it out of my head." He took a seat on the edge of her bed, feeling her intense gaze on him. "Come with me. I have a surprise for you."

She covered her face with a pillow and whined into it. "It's two in the bloody morning, James."

He inched closer, gently pulling the pillow away before looking at her with the best pleading eyes he could muster. "Please?"

James was far too ecstatic as he led the way to the Astronomy Tower, not the least bit concerned with the fact they weren't even supposed to be out of their beds at such an hour. He held her hand as they raced up the staircase, pushing the door open once they arrived at the very top, revealing what appeared to be a small picnic waiting for them and.... a girl? Upon noticing their presence, the girl in question jumped up from her place near the edge of the tower, awkwardly dusting herself off whilst keeping her gaze on the ground.

"Thank you for keeping an eye on it," James told her gratefully.

"No problem," she smiled shyly before darting off the room.