Chapter 26

Samantha's P.O.V

Everyone went to their own rooms and right now I'm lying with Shawn in silence. Like complete silence. Nobody is saying a thing, but it isn't awkward.

"Shawn?" I ask.

"Yes Sammy." He answers.

"What are your opinions on the modeling offer?" I sit up and lean off of him. I turn crisscross-applesauce and face him and he sits up as well.

"I support you either way. I think you are definitely pretty enough to do it, but would you do it as a career?"

"I don't know what I want to be, so maybe it would work. Like you know what you wanna be, and it's a singer. Me, I have two things I'm good at, sleep and quoting movies and memorizing the lines I them. That's it, I am quite boring."

"Do you really think that about yourself? When I see you I see an amazing girl who is quirky and it makes her adorable. A girl who can play the guitar and sing really well and a girl that I am so happy to have met." I grab onto him and hug him the minute he finishes his petit rant.

"I say you go for it because you might end up loving it, and if you hate it you say I don't want to do it. Try it because you may not get the chance again."

"Ok, I'll try it."

"Wanna call the guy?" He asks.

"Yeah, let me get Mahogany and her phone."

"Why don't we just all go to Jack's room and call?"

"Okay I'll tell her and Jacob and you text the guys to go to their room." I knock on the connecting door and walk in.

"Hey, so I'm gonna go call that guy back and I'm going to Jacks room. You guys wanna come with?"

"Yeah, I wanna hear this guy." They both stand up from their beds and follow me to Jack's door. I walk in to see some of the guys and Jack waiting on his bed. They door opens from behind me and it's Shawn. I sit on the bed next to Jack and Shawn does the same. Everyone shows up and they all have curious looks.

"So... what did you decide?" Cam asks.

"I decide I'm going to do it." I say it in a hushed low voice.

"We are going to call him back now." Mahogany gives me her phone and I look at the number.

"All of you stay hushed, not a word." I press the button.

"Put it on speaker." Mahogany pokes me and I press the speaker button.

"Hello, Craig Collins speaking."

"Hello Mr. Collins, this is Samantha Gilinsky calling you back about your offer."

"Well hello dear, did you make up your mind?"

"Yes sir."

"Well what did you chose?"

"I decided I'll do it." I say while smiling.

"That is wonderful, by any chance do you have a guardian around you who I can work out details with?"

"Yeah, my brothers my guardian and he's here, so would you like to speak with him?"

"Yes, that would be great." I hand Jack the phone and he keeps it on speaker.

"Hello, I'm Samantha's brother Jack, what can I help you with?"

"Well the photo shoot is going to happen in LA, like most of our photo shoots do happen. It's on July twentieth and if we feel she is really meant for these jobs we will have her do another shoot for another advertisement."

"That will work, but how is it going to work if you do in fact want to work with her."

"Well I would be her manager, and when I book her a job she would confirm if she can do it and I fly her where she needs to go, whether it be New York or LA."

"Ok, but when we meet in person we will talk about that stuff more correct?"

"Yes, I will send you all the information you need. How should I contact you guys?"

"You can call me at 789-321-6464 or text me on that number."

(Added note- don't call that random number for your own safety, it could be a pedophile with candy and a van or an axe murderer with an axe.)

"Ok, that will do. I will talk to you soon."

"Bye." I say into the phone and smile.

"Well that date is going on the calendar." I laugh and look at Jack.

"So, you ready for this?" He turns to me with a curious look.

"I'm gonna have to be."

"You do realize the twentieth is next Sunday right?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, so Jack book the plane ticket."

"Wait, of we would leave to go home on the eighteenth them we would have to fly out the next day. Why don't we just go straight to LA from here?"

"That's fine by me, I have clothing for weeks." I lean onto Shawn and Mahogany laughs as I do.

"Actually we have enough clothes that we don't have to wear the same exact outfit more than once for a good year or two."

"That is true."

"Wait how much did you spend?" Jack turns to me with a serious look.

"Three hundred. I told Shawn to keep calling making sure I didn't go past that. I thought if I come back with a nice gap in between my limit and how much I actually spent it would lighten the load of realizing what I really spent."

"Nice logic."

"I know right!" We all kind of just lie down and talk about random things. We went from talking about new movies to our home towns. It was My turn to say my thought on my town.

"It's pretty nice, but there isn't much to do. The school is decent, but the kids aren't. They aren't delinquents but they are just very rude and abrasive. Like settle down don't go shovel girl."

"What is with your grade, are grade isn't like that." Jack laughs and looks weirded out.

"Well that's because your grade is full of slutty girls and man whores like Kyle."

"Don't insult my friends." Johnson says almost sticking up for Kyle.

"Hey we both know what Kyle is, I'm just not aloud to say it in full terms."

"She has a point, he is a man whore and other things. And the girls can be pretty slutty." Sam says spinning in the rolling desk chair.

"A lot of high school girls are slutty, or in Samantha's grade they are violent." Nash says while typing away on his phone.

"Well isn't high school just a bunch of messed up people trying not to be messed up. It's like Ikea. It's a maze and depending on what turn you make you end up being more screwed up than you were coming in or you walk out accomplished and with something you like."