Chapter Twenty-Two: Burden of the Gods Part Two

The panel of black clad people surrounded us as we all returned to the room where breakfast had been served. The girl, Kaia, sat perfectly still, eyes fixated on the center of the table, her face flushed from pain. Jesse and the girl with the ponytail sat beside her.

During my first year with Dad and Sam, they had told me various stories about gods and goddesses, and very clearly made the point that they were always best when left alone. Unfortunately, that whole Winchester Curse that I've contemplated before, has a way of screwing plans like "avoid all gods" out the window. Hence why they had so many stories. Well unfortunately, my next phase of "Winchester Initiation" had been activated and it was my turn to deal with gods. 

This train of thought wove its way through my mind as I listened to these various figures of mythology lay down their rhyme and reason for having us here.

"Any questions?" Hine-nui-te-po, the woman that had started this who nightmare, asked glancing around at us.

"Why us?" Keala, the girl with soft eyes and curly hair asked, eyes wide with fear and disbelief, "Out of all the people, why choose us?"

"You are not just "soul-bonds" to us," replied Kapo, her arms crossed over her chest, "Keala, you are mine. Each of you are a part of us. You belong to us."

"That's bullshit." Ponytail snapped.

"Antonia." Warned the woman behind her, gold hair braided into a bun.

"No," Antonia replied harshly. She looked at Hine-nui-te-po and then at the rest of us, "Hine, you have taken kids who had no idea who they are, what they are meant to be and demand that they just suddenly obey you!"

"Watch your mouth child," the man with green eyes growled at her.

"She is correct." Hine responded, "Though rather out of line." She caught me gaze. "Not all of you have been so lucky to be raised knowing your fates. Antonia, you are one of few who was graced with the privilege of growing up with your bond. Mama Killa," The woman with gold hair nodded, "has always been able to be with you. Others have not been so blessed." 

"What has stopped you until now?" The guy with long hair asked, the stoic looking man behind him responded, his shaggy black and grey hair blending down into his beard.

"It has not always been so easy, Toklo. There are many rules that bar us from reaching out to you. Enforced by an arrogant child and his winged pests." The man shot a point look at me. Angels.  Toklo narrowed his eyes.

"That still doesn't answer the question," Keala said, voice sounding a bit more confident, "How are we connected. I don't understand."

"Bloodlines, child. You are ours because you come from us."

"You mean, we are demi-gods." The guy who had started breakfast stated, a hint of arrogance wrapping itself which each word.

"No," a new man spoke, he was not standing by any of us, "you are the heirs of demigods. Your blood makes you available to us. You are not our children but are our kin, and are all the available age for endowment." He eyed the boy sharply. I felt anxiety creeping its way into my heart, if all these kids are the heirs of some god, why were there empty chairs and why didn't Jesse or I have a figure behind us?

"So where is yours, Anguta? And more importantly, where are theirs?" Ammon asked, throwing a wicked smile at me and Jesse.

"My daughter stopped any prospect of my bloodline," Anguta replied with a cold nod, "As for them," He looked at Jesse then me, "They serve a different purpose." I felt my face go hot and a shiver run down my spine. All eyes were on us, and Jesse refused to look up.