Chapter 47 Part 2

ALEXIS

The car ride was tense. I could tell that the two of us were trying to control our carnal desires. I was sure that if the Ball wasn't important, Hudson would have pulled over and let us go at it.

When we finally reached the hotel the ball was being hosted at, Hudson rushed around the car and opened my door before I had a chance to move.  He took my hand and helped me out of the car, making sure my dress didn't catch on anything.

When I was safely out of the car, he placed an arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest as he shut the door behind me. He locked the car and smiled down at me as I gave him a confused look. Was there a reason why he was just holding me? Weren't we going inside?

Hudson kissed my forehead, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

You would think we were meeting for the first time.

"I don't know if I told you clearly or not, but you look breathtaking, like a Goddess. My Goddess."

I blushed and kissed his lips, "Thank you. You clean up nicely. I'm digging the tie."

He chuckled, "We can use it later. If you know what I mean, Miss He-Is-Beating-Up-His-Meat.

I gasped and slapped his chest, "It's not my fault all of you have a dirty mind. What person in the right mind would think someone is m asturbating in the middle of the woods?"

A throat cleared loudly, interrupting our conversation. Our heads flipped to the man standing at the top of the stairs.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked a little, "Alpha Hudson. Luna Alexis. I hate to interrupt your fascinating conversation, but you are blocking the road for the other Alphas that are on the way. So if you could give the keys to one of the valets..."

Hudson tossed the keys to a young man and held my waist as we climbed the stairs. When we got to the top, the man bowed his head respectfully, "Luna Alexis. You look beautiful, ma'am."

The grip on my waist tightened, and I nudged Hudson inconspicuously, "Thank you..."

"Christopher," he finished, giving me a small smile. I returned it kindly and waited for Hudson to shake his hand before we entered the hotel.

An employee led us to the ball room where there several Alphas and their Lunas roaming and conversing cheerfully.

"Alexis!" My mom ran up to me, yanking me into a hug. She squeezed me tightly before pulling Hudson in for a hug.

My dad followed behind her slowly, sipping his champagne and nodding at other Alphas as he approached us.

"Hello Princess. You look....mature," he said, giving me a side hug. I could tell he didn't exactly approve of the deep neckline and highs slit, but he knew better than to say anything in front of my mom - the conversation would lead to a month on the couch for my poor dad.

Before I could reply, my mom grabbed my arm excitedly, "Come with me, dear. Let me introduce you to the other Luna's."

I looked back at Hudson desperately as my mom dragged me away.

So much for sticking together.

HUDSON

I ended up in the middle of a group of Alphas, who had several questions about griffins and Alexis's blessing. After I had explained everything for the millionth time, the conversation finally turned in the direction of transfers and rogues.

I kept an eye on Alexis, making sure she was comfortable especially since this was her first ball, but she seemed to be doing wonderful. I could hear her laughing with some of the Lunas and talking respectably with the older women.