• fifty seven

tell me about your heart,

how it stole breath
from my lungs and
still warmed my veins

k.e. henson

DILEMMAA difficult or perplexing situation or problem

DILEMMA
A difficult or perplexing situation or problem

It was back to reality for the student body of Hogwarts. An infinite amount of revising was being done by just about every student in just about every corner of the castle as the exams got nearer with each passing day.

Looking back, Peter wished he would've stayed with his friends in the comfort provided by the trees and the fresh grass, making good use of the sun rays that served as a reminder that summer was fast approaching. But he didn't, he'd gotten overwhelmed by so much information he'd opted for going on a walk to clear his mind instead.

If only he'd been more patient, more logical. If only he possessed more redeeming qualities he wouldn't have ended up getting ambushed by Hogwarts' group of Death Eaters. But now Lucius Malfoy was cornering him as he spat insult after insult and there was not much Peter Pettigrew could do. "Don't you get tired of being so pathetic?" The platinum blonde boy sneered, looking down at Peter with utter disgust.

"Obviously you have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit." Admittedly, Peter's skills were subpar, but that didn't mean he hadn't learned a thing or two about sassy comebacks from his friends.

"Just answer me this," Lucius completely disregarded his comment, "does it still hurt?"

"I've got no idea what you're going on about, mate," Peter shook his head, a genuine quizzical expression adorning his face.

A sly smirk appeared in Lucius' face. "Don't play daft Pettigrew. Potter and Riddle, does it still hurt?"

Lucius' words hit Peter like a bucket of ice cold water. To his knowledge, no one other than his closest friends knew about the predicament involving his feelings for Alexis. "You're really losing your damn mind."

"Potter knows, doesn't he? He knows of your little crush. But tell me, Pettigrew, has he been sensible about it? Has he been a good, considerate friend?" Lucius left little to no distance between them, murmuring lowly to further provoke and taunt Peter. "Or does he still parade her around as if you don't even exist? Does he rub it on your face? Kissing her in front of you and engaging in other vile public displays of affection?"

Peter swallowed hard, deciding it was time to make his exit. "Are you done wasting my time?"

Lucius allowed Peter to push him back, yet he continued talking to his retrieving figure. "You're in the wrong team, Peter. Your friends treat you like crap and it is clear you're not one of them. Lupin's got Catherine. Black's got that equally annoying Edwards. And well, Potter's got Riddle. And you?"