Fourteen

A.N. Last chapter of this book.
------/-----

A few months have now gone by, I'm still getting calls from magazines and I'm still saying no to them.

I've gotten letters now and again from Steve, I haven't read a single one after the first one. But I can take a wild guess with what they say. However, I did send him a letter back after the first one; telling him how Rhodey is and saying it's in his hands what happens with us. He either becomes better and get's me back, or loses me forever. His choice.

Over the past few weeks, Spider-Man has shown his face a few times. Being the friendly neighbour hood Spider-Man.

But, Tony has informed me with what's really been going on. Peter has been taking on 'The Vulture', another guy with wings. I knew Tony would keep a close eye on Peter for me, my way of being at Avengers HQ and watching out for Peter.

"Are you sure about this?" I questioned Tony in my office. I wanted to be sure he was sure before making the jump.

"Very sure." He reassured me.

Tony came to me asking if Peter could become part of The Avengers, after his run in with The Vulture of course. I was reluctant because of Peter's age and the fact of making the announcement he was now part of the team in front of the press.

"I mean, he's already on his way here so I'm very sure." I rolled my eyes. He didn't tell me that.

"Go meet him. I'll be down in a minute." Tony nodded and headed out of my office.

It would be a lot of pressure to have a kid on our team, but I trusted Peter to do good, especially in a suit Tony made.

But of course, he had the option not to. I didn't want to make him do something he wasn't sure about, even if he has begged to be part of the team before. He still deserves that choice.

"Ashley." Tom poked his head round my office door. "The kid's here." I nodded to him, telling him I was coming. I took a deep breathe before following Tom to the kid.

These next minutes would change my life and Peter's life, if he chooses to.

Me and Tom walked towards the press centre of HQ, where Tony would be with Peter. Happy was with them too.

"Actually, I should let the boss explain everything." Tony nodded to the top of the stairs where I stood. Peter turned his head to look and he froze seeing me.

Tom and I headed down the stairs in order to meet Peter.

"Hey, Peter." I smiled down at him.

"H-hey." He shyly stuttered.

"Tony told me about what you did with The Vulture. It was very brave of you to take him on by yourself." I started to explain, Peter gulped, worried about what was getting on with the talk about The Vulture. "Both Tony and I think you're ready and that you will be a great asset to this team."

"The team?" Peter seemed taken aback once I said 'team'.

Tony pressed a button on his watch which opened a room that contained the new suit Tony had made for Peter. He calls it The Iron Spider suit. It's got red and blue on it with a few gold tints. It's pretty sweet.

Peter's eyes widened once he saw the suit. He slowly walked up to it, taking it all in. He couldn't believe that he could potentially becoming an Avenger. Something he'd always wanted to become.

"When you're ready why don't you try this on? There's about 50 reporters behind that door." Tony pointed to the press room door. "Real ones not bloggers. And you will be introduced as the new addiction to The Avengers; Spider-Man."