Chapter 16: Veleno

Faye's POV

     I slid one foot behind and raised Rose Veloce in a fighting stance. The dragon king hadn't moved but he had another thing coming if he thought I was gonna wait for his petty arse to make a move like one of his stupid servants. "Here we go, your highness," I mocked before running up to move closer to him before striking Rose Veloce on the ground at the same power as before. Not much to my surprise, he grunts in anger and swings his staff to ward off my attack only pushing him to crash into his stone chair. If he couldn't even handle that then his title was just two words with no meaning.

     The dragon king stood back up and opened up his palm to form these tiny black orbs. He enclosed his fist around them and when he opened them back up the orbs transformed into silverish-black bullets. My eyebrows raised as the bullets came racing towards me, raising up Rose Veloce to deflect them. The dragon king yet again formed those little orbs, but this time they came out as thicker than usual silver needles yet still sharper than most, from what I could tell. Unable to deflect all of them, a needle managed to stab my side. I winced at the pain and pulled it out carefully.

     As weird as it may sound, I couldn't help the corner of my mouth tilting into a smirk, even through the pain. I've only ever used up to half of Rose Veloce's power before and I have a feeling I'll need something a little bit more along with some of my smart wits to win this fight. I literally cannot keep the excitement from rushing through my veins.

--

     "Naive, little girl. Do you actually think you have a chance against me?" he chuckled as he lifted up his staff and pointed it towards me, creating a black ball the size of a fist that had a purple glow; a thin layer surrounding it. He chucked it at me after sending another series of needles with a whisper, "Veleno." I felt the air get knocked out of me when the black ball hit me square in the stomach, causing me to fly into another room, breaking the weak material separating the two areas. The black ball had vanished as soon as it hit me unlike the other bullets and needles. 

    "You...!" my sentence was cut short as blood bubbled out of my mouth. I spat it out in disgust, taking note of the purple tint. "What is that?" I demanded as my glare leveled onto him, clutching my bruised stomach that was bare because of hole the 'veleno' burnt through the fabric. "Oh why, it's only poison!" he laughed. I shook my head in confusion, "Poison?"

     "Yes," he replies in glee, "Veleno may not look like much, but it's a powerful weapon coated with poison. When the veleno makes contact with an object, it blasts into tiny particles. Unfortunately for you, the human body absorbs these particles, including the poison." I grit my teeth and charge at him with Rose Veloce. He brings his staff in front of him to block but I jump over him and swing Rose Veloce to attack him from behind. The dragon king seemed to have anticipated this and turns around immediately to block my attack. Veleno forms yet again at the top of his staff, but this time it slams into my side - where the large needle had wounded me.

     I jumped away and clutched my side to stop the bleeding, doubling over when I felt the burn of the poison. Inhaling sharply, I looked up to see the dragon king making a veleno twice as big as before. I shuffled around Rose Veloce in my hands to bring it to almost full power, before snapping it forwards and sending bolts of lightning towards the Veleno. A mighty blast exploded and I used a metal slate that transformed into a shield to protect me from any poison particles.

     Knowing that the blast did nothing to the dragon king, I ran forward and laced Rose Veloce with lightning before slamming it down on the staff he put before him. I smirked, expecting the wooden stick to break into a million pieces. But instead, I was greeted with getting slammed into the wall yet again.