𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN( raising hell, part iii )

CHAPTER TEN
( raising hell, part iii )

Jax didn't know much about the social status in the Shadow World, but he assumed that someone with a rank such as the High Warlock of Brooklyn would be living in a more decent place than an abandoned warehouse. Jace and Alec's parabatai tracking had let them here but from the ridiculous amount of dust in the warehouse, it doesn't look like anyone had stepped foot in here. Not for the last three years anyways. Clary, who seemed to be thinking the same asked incredulously, "Magnus lives in a warehouse?"

"Not exactly. Warlock glamour," Jace replied simply, keeping a firm grip on his glowing seraph blade as he inspected their surroundings. But unlike Clary who was looking around curiously, Jace was trying to see if there were any demons in the area.

"Of fucking course," Jax rolled his eyes when Jace mentioned the glamour. "Typical warlocks to always make something not as it actually seems," he said and received a glare from Jace in reply.

"Can you shut up for like five minutes? You're gonna inform Magnus of our whereabouts," Jace hissed quietly.

"No point in staying quiet if the warlock's dead, goldilocks," Jax shot back. "Think about it, he's the High Warlock of Brooklyn, do you think he would just let us waltz into his humble abode? I thought you were supposed to be the smart one out of us."

Alec considered his words and nodded in agreement, not seeing the way Jace frowned when Alec didn't take his parabatai's side instead. "Jax is right, it's far too easy to get this close. Magnus' protective ward must be down."

"He could be getting attacked by Circle members as we speak," and just as Isabelle said it, they all heard a painful scream and turned around just in time to see a man, most likely a Circle member, stabbing a warlock before proceeding to push him over the edge.

"Oh God! Valentine found Magnus!" Clary yelled and then they started running. They silently part ways, with Jace, Isabelle and Clary running after the Circle member while Jax and Alec went the other way to find Magnus.

Alec pointed towards a door above them, assuming that it was the one that will take them out of the dirty warehouse and into the real warlock hideout. Alec quickly sprinted up the stairs but the werewolf didn't bother using the stairs and just jumped from the ground and onto the next level. Jax grabbed onto the railing, stepping over it with ease and grinned as he was no longer hanging over the edge.

"Show off," Alec mumbled when he met up with Jax by the door a few seconds later, his breathing ragged as from running up the stairs. He opened the door and the two quickly piled in, entering a more fancy looking hallway. They could hear faint screaming-not knowing whether they belong to the warlocks or the Circle members but they couldn't do anything about it as their main priority was to find Magnus. If the Circle members got to him before they did, they'd never get Clary's memories back and all this would be for nothing.