5.2

Lin Xi finally finished cooking around 7 P.M. and he was dead tired since he just came back from the hospital. Placing the food on the table, Lin Xi wanted to eat, but was interrupted by the system.

System 1314: Host. Shen Jin would normally eat a small bowl of rice and retire.

Lin Xi: Are you kidding me? I spent an hour and a half cooking, and I can't even eat!!!

Looking back at Shen Jin's memories, Lin Xi confirmed that the system was telling the truth. So sad! The boy had so little self-care. Every day he would wake up at 6 A.M. and make breakfast. Then he would sleep until 11 A.M. and cook lunch which he delivered to his brother's company. For the rest of the day, he would clean the house and do laundry. Around 5 P.M. he would make dinner and clean the dishes after. Only then would Shen Jin go to sleep.

With every meal he cooks, he would only eat bits of it. The reason he was abnormally skinny was because of the lack of self-care Shen Jin had for himself. His brother was always a priority for him.

Lin Xi: System, how am I supposed to live like this?!?! I'm going to starve to death!

System 1314: Host, Shen Jin never died in the past 10 years despite living this lifestyle.

As Lin Xi cursed the system in the head, Shen Heng came down for dinner, but as when he saw Lin Xi he frowned because his brother rarely appeared in front of him in the house. Observing his brother, he noticed that the boy as skinny as a stick. He felt distressed but didn't know how to approach him since they barely interacted.

When he sat down across from Shen Jin, he felt the awkwardness because this was the first time in years that he ate with his brother. Shen Heng focused on the dishes laid out in front of him – it was all his favorite dishes.

I should give the cook a raise. Shen Heng thought as he ate in relish. When he saw the butler come in, he called him over.

"Young master?"

"Give the cook a raise."

The butler was surprised and glanced at Shen Jin before replying, "Yes, young master."

Why did the ice cube say to give the cook a raise? Doesn't he know that Shen Jin cooked every meal for him?!?!?

Lin Xi was ready to strangle the ice cube in front of him. Shen Jin worked so hard, yet he was blind to all his brother's efforts. Despite Shen Jin's efforts, he never told his brother about his actions because he was afraid of being hated by him. He even went out of the way to tell all the servants to keep his secret.

Once, when they were young, Shen Jin cooked a meal for his brother, but the moment Shen Heng found out that it was made by Shen Jin, he refused to continue eating. Even if he was eating happily like he truly enjoyed the food, Shen Heng refused to eat anything made by his brother. Brokenhearted, Shen Jin didn't give up and secretly told the butler to inform Shen Heng that it was the cook who made all the meals.

After Lin Xi finished the task, he would beat this man to death for treating Shen Jin like trash. But first he had to find his lover. Rubbing his ring, he reminisced about his lover. From the previous worlds, Lin XI knew that the ring won't heat up if his lover doesn't have his ring on him. 

With a melancholy expression that disappeared quickly, Lin Xi finished his small bowl of rice and returned to his room. Shen Heng saw the expression and his heart quickened for a second. Shaking it off, he continued his meal.

—————

System 1314: Host, please wake up. It's 6:10 A.M.

"Ughhh nooooo!" Lin Xi wanted to stay inside his bed the entire day after sleeping so late yesterday. He had to wait until Shen Heng finished dinner and wash all the dishes. Apparently, Shen Jin didn't trust the servants to clean property because he knew that his brother was a neat freak. He need everything to be sparkly clean to the point that your reflection could be seen. Lin Xi finally went to sleep around 12 A.M. He was exhausted ever since he left the hospital. He passed out as soon as his head hit the pillow.

System 1314: Host, please act like Shen Jin.

"I'm inside my own room! Nobody can see me! You can't restrict me!"

System 1314: ...Fine.

"Great." Lin Xi closed his eyes but was suddenly woken up by a loud, screeching alarm.

System 1314: Host, it's time to make breakfast.

Lin Xi sobbed inside and forcibly got out of bed.

Where's all the servants?!?!

Lin Xi walked to the kitchen to see the maids sweeping the indiscernible dust on the ground. Lin Xi gave them a smile just like how Shen Jin would. With bleary eyes, Lin Xi yawned every 5 minutes due to the lack of sleep.

"Second young master, would you like some tea?"

The maids saw that Shen Jin was sleepy and wanted to help him. They all knew that Shen Jin loved his brother and refused to allow the servants to do anything. They felt bad for receiving money even though they didn't do anything, so the maids all attempted to do any little thing to lower Shen Jin's burden.

"Yes, thank you." Lin Xi was so thankful while the system interrupted his happy moment.

System 1314: Host...

Lin Xi: I deserve a break!

System 1314: ....

Ignoring the system, Lin Xi gracefully accepted the tea. He felt so much more awake after drinking a cup. After he finished cooking, his stomach was growling.

Before he had a chance to eat anything, the robotic voice appeared again.

System 1314: Host-

Lin Xi: WHAT NOW?!?!

Lin Xi couldn't take it anymore. He was sleepy and hungry, but the system wouldn't allow him to do anything.

System 1314: Shen Jin usually eat a plain piece of bread.

Lin Xi was crying. Shen Jin was so pitiful! After the task is completed, he's going to live a luxurious life. Shen Jin was a rich young master, yet he was living poverty-stricken.

Lin Xi ate his single piece of bread slowly and tried to salvage the very last bits as he stared at the table that had a steaming hot bowl of congee and delicious steamed buns with boiled eggs on the side. He quickly went back to his room before he started salivating.

System 1314: Host-

Lin Xi: NO! I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP!

System 1314: You need to wake up Shen Heng.

Lin Xi: What? Doesn't Shen Heng hate his brother? Lin Xi was sure that Shen Heng hated his brother so why would he allow Shen Jin to wake him up.

Lin Xi sighed in disbelief. Shen Jin took the position of a housewife too seriously. Despite knowing that Shen Heng despised him, Shen Jin risked it and entered his brother's room every morning and stared at him for a good 30 minutes before slightly brushing the hair out of Shen Heng's face.

Shen Jin never inappropriately touched Shen Heng. He just used their mother's method in order to wake him up. Their mother would affectionately call his name and brush the hair out of his face. It was not easy to wake Shen Heng because once he fell asleep, he would not wake up. Their mother was the only one who had the ability to wake him.

When their parents passed away, Shen Jin decided to take on the role as his wife. Shen Heng was oblivious to it all.

Lin Xi had goosebumps looking through Shen Jin's memories. He would gladly do it if Shen Heng was his lover, but right now he didn't even want to think of the possibility of that ice cube being his lover. Shen Heng lived like a typical rich young master. He had servants who bid to his every command.

What irked him even more was the fact that Shen Jin devoted his life to Shen Heng, but his feeling was never reciprocated. Now that Lin Xi was in Shen Jin, he could see everything the boy did for his brother.  

Shen Jin's feelings and emotions transferred into him which made Lin Xi have a grudge against Shen Heng, but he was forced to stay in Shen Jin's character causing him to dislike Shen Heng even more.