"i'm giving him a chance"

12: i'm giving him a chance

After posting to my blog, I decided to sleep for a little while longer which was a complete mistake

After posting to my blog, I decided to sleep for a little while longer which was a complete mistake. I had woken up late and was struggling to get ready in time.

My appearance was poor, but I didn't really care. I had thrown on some leggings and a sweater, and was proud that I somehow managed to find the energy to style my hair instead of just throwing it up into a pony tail like usual. My makeup only consisted of mascara. After feeling like I was ready to face human interaction, I raced downstairs.

I grabbed my backpack from the bench beside our front door, but as soon as it hit my shoulder, a new obstacle suddenly became apparent.

I didn't have a car.

Why hadn't this crossed my mind when Sam told me she wouldn't be here in the morning? Probably because I've never had the issue of being without a ride because my Dad has never not been home.

I quietly started to curse to myself as I tried to think of a plan, but I was coming up short with only few options. Christian lived on the other side of the city, so he definitely couldn't get me, I was not about to call Calum to ask for a ride, and Abbie doesn't have classes in the morning, so she sleeps in.

A moment of pure desperation ran through me, and I threw the door open after yelling out my goodbyes to Oscar. I closed it behind me and locked it before walking away. I crossed the street cautiously, even though no one ever drove down my road, and walked down Noah's driveway.

As if on cue, Noah walked out of his front door, yelling bye to his parents. After turning toward me, he jumped.

"Jesus." Noah brought his hand up to his chest and stopped long enough to take a deep breath. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry," I apologized, trying not to laugh in reaction to seeing him so startled. "This is annoying, but could you give me a ride to school?"

"Yeah, no problem. Just call me next time, okay? I don't need to have a heart attack before school can even start." I apologized again and climbed in his car once he unlocked the doors. "Isn't Sam staying with you this week?"

"Yeah, she is... but she had to do something for her Nan last night. I knew she wasn't going to be here to take me to school, but it didn't register that I needed to find another ride." Noah nodded at my words, understanding the situation. He pulled out of his driveway and we sat in the car silently as he drove to school.

"Okay, I wasn't going to say anything, because it's really none of my business, but... was Calum at your place last night?" My eyes widened at Noah's words and I avoided eye contact by all means. "If you don't tell me, he will."

"Yes, Noah." I sighed and brought my arms up to my chest as I crossed them tightly.

"He was over there until almost midnight, Maya... what's up with that?" Noah asked and I finally looked over at him to see him glancing at me.