3

Lisa's POV

"You looks so pale Lisa. Are you sick?" I was startled when I heard Chaeyoung's voice, her hands resting on my forehead checking my temperature. "You're not sick," she muttered and my cheeks blushed for a moment.

Just remembering the incident earlier makes my heart rate increase.

I mean, it's every day I end up having a conversation with a top star like that. It's totally embarrassing, I don't even know if I have the courage to share that information with my best friends especially Jisoo unnie.

Wait, that was her brother, right?

"I'm okay," I told Chaeyoung as I try to brush off the worried look she has on her face. She had been very sensitive lately and all I know is that it's because of her and her childhood friend whom she treats as like her older brother are having a rift these days.

I'm not sure what's happened but she's not really taking it very well. I knew she was worried about the guy but I heard he professed his love to Chaeyoung but she doesn't feel the same. Things between them aren't really good after that.

"Really? because you definitely look so pale earlier but then your eyes are started to turn red, are you on drugs or something Lisa?" she scowled at me and I laughed at her statement.

"That was good, Chae," I told her before hitting her on the shoulders which earned me a smile in return.

Just then, we heard Jisoo unnie's laughter resonating within the kitchen and both Chaeyoung and I shake our head.

Our unnie is definitely whipped on her boyfriend. But we can't blame her. Her boyfriend is a very good looking man and a famous idol, to begin with.

"So, I'm guessing we're not going out huh?" I chuckled and Chaeyoung does the same. After Jisoo unnie asked us to prepare, she had been on a video call in the kitchen after I came out of my room.

"I guess? Tsk," she grunted. "Seeing her being all giddy like that makes me wanna go and find myself a man too," she added and I chuckled at her words.

Out of the three of us, Chaeyoung might be the last person who would actually want to have a boyfriend just for the sake of having one. Because if she does, she would have accepted the love her childhood friend offers.

"By the way, you know Jungkook right?" I asked and her eyebrows raised at my question.

"That prick? What about him?" she asked and soft chuckles escaped my lips ta her annoyance. Chaeyoung hated Jungkook and I understand her animosity towards the man. Both of us saw how Jisoo unnie had suffered because the two of them weren't good terms. 

For Chaeyoung, Jungkook was an inconsiderate and immature brother who didn't even bother considering his sister's feelings. She hated the man and I do too, but not as much as she does actually.

"Well, isn't he afraid of girls?" I asked and she pouted.

"That's what Jisoo unnie said. Why were you asking?" she looked at me confused and I just shrugged my shoulder.

"No reason," I answered and I watch as she stood up from her seat before throwing our unnie another glance. "I'll be back in my room, Call me in case Jisoo unnie decided that we should leave," she stated and I nodded.

I was biting my nails, in deep thought.

Jungkook was afraid of girls. Surely, he wouldn't be conversing like that to me considering that I know his sister. I thought to myself.

Then who would that be?

I pulled out my phone from my pocket before opening my IG. I had been staring for a long time on the message and I was sure he knew I read it.

Just then, I was startled when I saw his avatar and a dialogue appearing a signal that he was typing a message. My heartbeat raced once again and before I can even close the app, a new message popped up and it'll be too late for me to pretend that I wasn't able to read it.

Happykiddo94: Did I scare you? Sorry, I was being playful. I apologize if I made you uncomfortable. :(

I immediately bolted from my seat, surprised by the content of the message. before I even knew it, I was already typing my response towards him.

Me: No, not at all. It was my fault I called you names.

Immediately, I saw his name flashing beneath my message indicating that he had read my response.

Happykiddo94: Really? We're cool then, right?

A smile came to my lips.

Why do I feel light-hearted when conversing with him?

Me: We sure do. Btw, this is Jungkook, right?

I saw him read the message but I was quite surprised when I didn't saw any indication of him responding to my message. My fingers patiently tapped on the table in front of me.

A long sigh escaped my lips when he didn't respond after five minutes.

"Well, maybe he's busy," I whispered to myself.

I had already given up when I heard another beep, indicating that I received a new message.

Happykiddo94: Maybe I am, maybe not? Does it matter?

A smile came to my lips.

Me: Not at all sir.

Happykiddo94: Great *winks

Well, maybe having an online friend isn't that bad.