chapter seventeen

we are dedicating this chapter to rebelouis just bc she's our fave like

pls go follow her and read all of her stories they are perFECT plus so funny we literally lol

enjoy da chapter homies

///

"Jenson? Where ya at?" Harry entered the room carring a slim box that filled the room with a sugary, heavenly smell. "I brought back some donuts and --" He stopped midsentence when he caught sight of me. I didn't even look up at him. "Jenson?" he said, in a much quieter voice.

I glanced up to meet his eyes for a second and give him a weak smile. Harry sat the box down on the coffee table and took a step closer to me. I assumed he noticed how upset I looked; I wasn't even attempting to hide it.

"Hey, is something wrong?" he murmured and squatted in front of me. He leaned from side to side trying to catch my attention. When I didn't show any response he grabbed my chin and tilted my head so my eyes met his. Harry placed his other hand on my knee and examined my face. "What's wrong, Jen?" he asked softly.

"Violet dropped by," I said bitterly, breaking eye contact and looking up at the ceiling to keep my tears from spilling over. "Boy, did she give me an earful."

His eyebrows furrowed. "What happened?"

I let out a shaky breath. "Well, first she demanded to know why I was in the flat, then she accused me of sleeping with you." As soon as I said this out loud I remembered how harsh Violet's words were, and I couldn't keep the tears at bay any longer. One by one they ran down my face.

"Oh no, baby, don't cry," Harry said as his fingertips brushed the salty tears from my cheeks. "Baby, please don't cry."

My vision was blurred and I could feel a sob rising in my chest, along with the formation of the lump in my throat. "And she said all these terrible things to me and she was yelling and I, I --" My sentence was cut off as my breath hitched in my throat and my eyes screwed shut. I burried my face in my hands so Harry couldn't see what a mess I was. I wasn't blessed with the pretty crying gene, and I couldn't be more embarrassed of how pathetic I probably appeared.

I felt the couch shift as Harry sat beside me. His hands rubbed up and down my arms for a moment before I heard him let out a deep breath. Then I felt his arms wrap around my body and I leaned into him as he pull me closer. His left arm wrapped around my waist and his fingers pressed into my skin. Harry placed his right hand on the back of my head and he began stroking my hair as I cried even harder. "Oh, Jen. It's okay. Shhhh... Calm down, baby," he whispered into my hair.

He held me close in his arms just like that until my breathing returned to a somewhat normal state and my tearducts seemed to go kaput. Harry loosened his grip on me when I started to pull away and wipe my face. My cheeks were hot and clammy from crying and I was positive I must have been a sight to see right then. Harry kept his hands on my shoulders as he examined my face, but I refused to meet his eyes out of embarrassment of my little outburst.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly. I gave a quick nod in response, staring at my hands.

"I'm sorry about that," my voice croaked.

"Don't apologize," he said in reply. "Can you tell me what happened?"

I took a deep breath. "Yeah, yeah I can. I'm sorry again, that was terrible. I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be. Just tell me what happened to make you that upset."

I recapped majority of the morning's events to him and he listened silently, talking instead with the expressions on his face which turned from anger to smugness when I told him about Niall telling Violet to leave. "And then I was so upset, and shocked because I just didn't understand why Violet got so worked up about it all. So, Niall calmed me down a bit and told me a story about a girl named Hannah."