Renewal

It has been three weeks since I left home and decided to wander all over the world. I've been receiving calls from everyone asking me about how I spend my day. Even though I experienced a sudden change, I still feel happy to have many supportive people around me. However, there was something that kept disturbing me. Sasuke hasn't called often eversince I left, and I believe he's wishing the best for me, but I was a bit upset that he didn't call to check on me. Anyway, I have to be the one who remembers him first because it's his birthday. Even though I know he hates presents and birthday wishes, I still have to call him. The problem was that I couldn't. It's been hours since I've been trying to reach him, but he didn't pick up. Itachi said that he went on a mission, but still, this won't stop him from answering his phone. I kept calling and sending him messages while I was walking on the streets of Amegakure.

"My inbox is full" a manly voice spoke to her "Will you stop sending tons of messages?"

"But you won't answer any of my calls" she responded obliviously "Why have a phone if you don't .... Ehhhhh??? Sasuke?" Sakura sighed, taking a few steps back "What are you doing here? Is your mission in Amegakure?"

"Mission? What mission!" Sasuke asked.

"Itachi said you're on a mission"

"Sakura, for God's sake, this is the second time Itachi fools you with a mission, try not to believe him too much"

"But what brought you here?"

"I'm looking for a long-lost person"

"Heeee! Don't exaggerate; it's been only a couple of weeks"

"How am I supposed to know when you've never mentioned how long you're staying?" Sasuke protested.

"Euuuuh! Uchiha Sasuke are you worried about me?" Sakura teased.

"Forget it" Sasuke shrugged "We need to hurry, sunset is so soon"

"Where are we going?"

"Home"

"Hey, but I was not planning to go home soon. I still have a lot of places I want to visit"

"We'll visit them some other time" Sasuke dragged her with him.

"We? No, Sasuke, this trip was supposed to be about me only"

"Are you ditching me? Should I return home alone?"

"Uchiha Sasuke, enough with the emotional blackmailing!" she shouted cutely.

No matter how many times she told Sasuke to at least stay with her for a few more days, he didn't listen, he insisted on taking her back home. He wanted her there, in Konoha, like in the old days.

He kept walking without turning around to see her, he wanted to avoid unnecessary conversations because she'd keep sulking about not letting her finish her journey, and he wasn't a patient man.

"At least say something if you won't listen to me" Sakura broke the silence.

"What do you want to hear?"

"Anything. It's getting weird with this heavy silence"

"Sakura?" he stood too close to her that he noticed her blushing.

"Y-yes?"

"Have I mentioned to you before that you got even more annoying"

"Hey!" Sakura yelled "Did you bring me back to insult me"

"Keep your cool for a couple of minutes. We are about to reach konoha"

"Such a punk"

"But you love this punk" he teased.

Sakura rolled her eyes and followed him without a word. She knew it was useless to try to bother him, he'd make fun of her or tease her. She just walked next to him until she remembered something that made her stop.

"Sasuke?"

"Hn?"

"Happy birthday" He knew she was aware that he hated birthday wishes, but she still kept wishing him every single year "I know you hate it, but it's nice to have someone to remember the day you were born" she added.

"I hated it because remembering that day brings back unwanted memories, but now I'm over it" he smiled slightly "Thank you for remembering my birthday, Sakura"

Sakura was over the moon, not because of his sweet behaviour, but because he's now over the past, and he's willing to live happily. They kept chatting about this and that until they saw their town's gate. Sakura smiled widely and took a deep breath.

"Feels like forever since I last was here"

"It feels like forever that I thought you won't be coming back" a manly voice from above a huge tree said.
Sakura and Sasuke stopped to see him "Pein?" Sakura said with a smile.

"Welcome back Pinky" Pein greeted.

"Thank you" Sakura waved excitedly to him.

He jumped down and walked closer to Sakura, then pulled her into a warm hug.

"You look different now that you've re-freshened" he smiled and caressed her hair.

"I am indeed"

"I thought he'll fail to bring you back" Itachi joined them soon later.

"And I thought you'll quit that habit of lying" Sakura scolded "seriously Itachi? A mission?"

"But you believe me every time"

"Aaaah! Good grief"

Before leaving to look for Sakura, Sasuke informed them that he'll bring her back that day, so everyone was waiting for her since they missed her a lot.