Chapter 21

Sorry it took so long.  I wanted to post yesterday, but I wasn't finished.  I hope you like it.  Not to worry - there are NO SEX SCENES in this chapter.  

The pic on the right is of Mitzy - she's a Great Dane, no matter what I might say in prior chapters.  :-)

Thanks for reading!!  

*************************************************************************************************************

EMILY

I left Drew, and walked upstairs into Elise's room. She was lying facedown on her bed, sobbing. Wow. She must really be upset. Elise wasn't the type of girl to cry over just anything. She cried when her cat died. I did, too. She cried when they told her that Mr. Rangle wasn't her biological father. Who wouldn't have?

Mitzy had followed me in, and was gently nuzzling the part of Elise's face that was above the pillow. Elise reached out and pet Mitzy on the head.

Now she was kind of scaring me. Why was she this upset over Adam and Ellie not using a condom? Unless ....., nah. She couldn't have a thing for Adam, could she? I mean, even if he hadn't slept with Ellie, he would still be trying to date that college girl. Wait. Nah. That couldn't be Leesy. She'd known Adam for years! Why now?

I sat down on the bed beside her and rubbed circles on her back.

"Leesy?" I whispered quietly. "You want to tell me what's wrong?"

"Mmmfff Embsssg," she mumbled into her pillow.

"Sorry, Bud, I don't speak pillow," I said lightheartedly.

She lifted her head a little, looking at me. "It's embarrassing. And stupid. And I'm just an idiot!" she cried.

"You are not an idiot," I said, "but you need to tell me what's wrong!"

She sat up, wiping the tears that kept trickling down her face. She sniffed before speaking.

"I'm kind of in love with someone, and he's being really stupid," she stated.

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask. Is it Adam?" I asked.

Her mouth was open wide, and her eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. "How did you know?" she asked.

"Just a hunch, I guess."

"Oh, Em. I'm such a mess. I actually came home to go on a date with him, only he doesn't know it's me," she told me.

"Then I was right. You're the internet girl! Adam loves you!" I squealed, forgetting that Elise just found out that he'd slept with my sister.

"If he loves me, why is he sleeping with Ellie, his longtime crush?" she asked.

"Listen, I know they were both really stupid. It's just that Adam was so upset about you not showing up, and Drew had just broken Ellie's heart. They had nowhere else to turn at the time, so they found comfort in each other. It wasn't right, but Ellie was definitely the aggressor. We watched the video a little while ago. I mean, he was a virgin, and was expecting to see his mystery girl. He was also drunk. Then he ran into my hornball sister, and she practically impaled herself on him. He tried to push her off a bunch of times, but she pushed him to his sad, drunken limit. Leesy, he's never found anyone that made him lose interest in Ellie. Until you."

She had been listening intently, and I could tell that she was thinking about what I said.

"He really lost interest in Ellie?" she asked, still sniffling.