Chapter 7

I hold onto my cheek looking up at him in shock, regret is what I see but it as quickly as it came, it vanishes, "Get up and go start cleaning

I hold onto my cheek looking up at him in shock, regret is what I see but it as quickly as it came, it vanishes, "Get up and go start cleaning." He whispers, running his hand through his hair as he walks back to the front of the house.

I stand up, wiping the tears away aggressively, "Don't cry, Violet. You are suppose to be strong." I follow his path with my head held high but inside I can feel myself tearing apart. I enter the house and see water every where and Abigail stood by the door and once she seen me, she quickly runs and puts a hand on my right cheek.

"Why did you take the blame Mrs. Violet?" She really thinks that he hit me because I took the blame? If only she really knew what a cruel man he is. "It's fine Abigail and please just call me Violet." I smile at her but I could tell she knows I'm forcing it.

I remove myself away from her embrace and head towards my bedroom to change my clothing but once I open the door, I am met with a damp smelling room and a sight of disaster. I run to my bedside remembering I have left my phone in the side table, I pick it up and press the power button on and the screen lights up. Gosh! I'm lucky.

I head into my walk-in closet but see all my clothing that I have hang up yesterday are soaked but at least I still have some clothes remaining in my suitcase. I change into a black tracksuit with a pair of sneakers, I step out of the closet but I am met with the demon himself. "You are to clean every single room of the house and every spot. I don't care if it takes you days or weeks or months because last I checked this is a four-story mansion." I nod and walk pass him, purposely pushing him in the process but I stop and look back, meeting his hazel eyes, "You are really one son of a bitch." With that been said, anger glistened his eyes but I simply ignored him and took off to the very last floor of the mansion.

Five hours later

I'm still cleaning the fourth floor and I'm finally in the last bedroom. I have to remove every piece of the bedding and go to the first floor to put it in the laundry room, then I have to mop all the water into the drainage and then wipe all the furniture and dry them with a dryer. Dante decided that two of the maids will do the clothing or else as I quote, "You will probably finish in 2080."

I'm tired, my body feels like it's giving up and my legs are swollen and when my dehydrated soul went to drink some water, Dante had instructed the maids not to allow me because he calls it my 'punishment' but either ways I didn't listen, I pushed past them and drank the damn water. I have my hoodie off and my leggings rolled to my knees, it was hot and I'm getting sweaty. I can't do this, it's just too much.

My legs give up as I sit down on the floor with my back pressed against the bed, balling my eyes out. I look down at my hands and see the burns on it, it's red and have now formed into blisters, each time the detergents touched it, it would burn even more and itch. I look at the long stand mirror placed opposite the bedroom door and I see a girl who said she won't give up but here she is crying my eyes out and ready to commit suicide.