III. all halls lead somewhere

E V A N A  J A M E S—

E V A N A J A M E S

La tour Eiffel. Evana was still confused, there were no mentions of crypts, or catacombs, or anything underneath the Eiffel Tower and despite her naturally trusting nature, Evana was fearing the worst. Kol was lying to her. But unfortunately, she had no way of finding out, as every time she tried to sleep just made it harder for her to do so. She had no contact with Kol, leaving her with the only connection she had left; Caroline Forbes.

"I don't know what to say, Caroline. I'm going to sound insane." She ran her hand through her hair as she had down half a hundred times in the last five minutes of walking with her best friend.

The blonde rolled her eyes. "After everything that's happened, do you really think anyone would think you were crazy?"

Evana managed a laugh, a small laugh despite the situation that made her feel crazy. "Promise you won't call me crazy?"

Caroline laughed her off, "I promise!" So she explained, explained everything that had happened in the dreams and everything that she could explain about Kol. To say Caroline was confused was an understatement. "You're insane." She concluded.

Evana smacked her arm. "You promised you wouldn't!"

Caroline grinned at her. "I lied." She paused for a moment. "But seriously, Evan, what the hell? Why would mystery man wanna help you mess with Klaus? How does he know him?"

Evana shrugged. "I don't know, but I don't think there's a short list of people who would want revenge on Klaus." Caroline nodded in agreement.

"But I guess the real question is, is he hot?" Caroline gushed with a cheeky smile, sending Evan a suggestive look at her blushing face.

"Shut up, I didn't notice!" But her blushing face said otherwise and with Caroline's unyielding stare, she cracked. "Alright, He was little bit cute." She paused to rethink. "Okay, very hot. But that's got nothing to do with what he said. We need Stefan back, and we need revenge on Klaus, for Jenna and Elena's sake."

"I know. And we'll figure this out." Caroline smiled a reassuring smile that made everything in the world feel bearable. "I promise. Now shush, I need to call Elena."

"I've gotta go research this, but I'll see you later." Caroline waved at her, already on the phone to Elena. "Bye, then."

"I'll see you at the party!"

<<

E V A N A J A M E S

"I feel like I have to fight Damon every time we get a lead on Stefan." Elena complained just as she had done so for the past hour whilst Caroline and Tyler helped set up for her birthday party, and as Evan read books on the couch rather than helping, nor listening.

"Maybe he doesn't want to find him." Tyler shrugged earning a chastising from Caroline. "What? He's into you. Isn't he?" He checked with Caroline for clarification but she avoided his eyes.

"The only reason Stefan left with Klaus was so that he could save Damon's life. I mean, trust me, Damon wants to find him." Elena fought, stacking red solo cups into piles.

"You kissed him, though." Evana pointed out, only briefly looking away from her book. Elena sent an irritated look Caroline's way.

"I'm sorry. I just had to spill, and Evan would have found out sooner or later." She reasoned, with extra help from the latter.

"It's true, I do find out everything."

"I-, don't worry about it. Look, yes, I kissed him. But it was a goodbye kiss, I thought he was going to die." She argued, settling on ignoring the stack of cups. "I just missed a call from Bonnie. I'll be right back." She excused herself.

"I'm going to run, if I need to change and pick up Sophie in time." Tyler excused himself, but Caroline quickly turned on him.

"Wait, you're bringing a date?" She laughed, both of them having forgotten that Evana was sat watching them over the back of the couch. "Slutty Sophie is your date?"

"Hey, it's been kind of slow in that department." He considered it for a moment. "And, I am horny, all the time now." Evana has to stifle her snort as she sank further into the couch.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to explode. It's a vampire thing." She explained to Tyler who was watching her with a smirk that made Evan uncomfortable to be in the room. "You know, our emotions are heightened and we're on overdrive, so..."

"It's a werewolf thing too." Tyler commented, walking closer to Caroline throughout her ramble. "It's like I can't turn it off."

"Yeah." Caroline breathed heavily, a strange look in her eye that only Tyler could bring out.

"It's not a witch thing." Both Caroline and Tyler whipped their heads over to the girl they forgot was sitting there, seeing her shrink down under their alarmed stair. "You know, just in case you were wondering."

>>

E V A N A  J A M E S

Evana sat on the edge of Damon's bed, playing with the ends of her Bardot black dress and deliberating actually attending Elena's birthday party downstairs, or just having a quick sleep. Honestly, she was leaning more towards the latter, just for the reason of getting more information from Kol, who seemed to love being elusive.

But then again, he was the only one giving her information, despite it being vague and uncertain. She hadn't heard a single thing about Stefan going missing apart from Elena's incessant complaints about his whereabouts and her issues with Damon.

She finally decided that the party just wasn't worth it, and despite wanting to deny it, she actually wanted to see Kol again. For answers, obviously.

>>

Btw Evan is a nickname for Evana, it's not just me misspelling it FYI.