Chapter 9

I open my eyes but immediately shut it , it's so bright

I open my eyes but immediately shut it , it's so bright. I open it once again and adjust to the sunlight. I sit up and notice my surrounding, why I'm I outside? What happened yesterday? Then I recall all the horrid memories from last night, I fainted after Dante dropped me off and I've been here all night?

I look towards the driveway and see Dante's car is no where to be seen. Was he was out the whole night? I stand up but immediately regret doing so, dizziness consumes me and  I grab a hold onto the water fountain structure and take a seat. I drop my had down into my hands  with my eyes shut tight as I try to get rid of the dizziness. After a while, the dizziness soon fades away and my head starts feeling a bit lighter, I open my eyes as I walk inside the house to see no maids around. Did he give them off today as well? Throwing the thought away I go into the kitchen and pour myself a glass of water. My body is hurting like hell.

I sit down and see the burnt stove. Sighing, I look at the clock on the wall to my right, it's 8:15 is the morning. I walk up the stairs but my grip tightens on the railing when all of a sudden the dizziness hits me. I really need to see a doctor. I finally make it to the second floor and see everything is still damp and water is still on the floor. I shake my head as I'm just so tired to clean at the moment, I walk into my room and sit on my bed but it was not as wet as before, though it is damp.

I lay down, shutting my eyes and dozing off immediately.

Two hours later

"Violet!" "Dante!" Who is screaming like that? "Anyone!" I sit up, rubbing out the sleep from my eyes, "DANTE!" Who the hell can this be? I walk out of my bedroom, looking around to see if I see anyone. I walk towards the staircase,  "VIOLET!" I scream and turn around as I slip on a small puddle of water, I close my eyes ready to face the impact but hands on my waist stops me from falling to my near death. I stare at his light blue eyes as I notice the owner of them. Mason. He smiles as he moves a strand of hair away from my face while still having his grip on my waist.

 "What is going on here?" I pull myself away from Mason and look down stairs to see Dante and Veronica, "Oh brother! Where have you been? I being looking for you all around the house and then I came across Violet, she got scared and almost slipped and that's when the-" He points at himself, "Knight in shining armor came and saved her from her near death." He laughs as he descends the staircase towards his brother and Veronica.

Dante looks towards me sending daggers as he looks back towards his brother, "What are you doing here?" Dante questions Mason, Veronica gives Dante a kiss on his neck and walks away to the sitting room, "I came to see my brother and his wife but I find him with his girlfriend or should I say your ex-girlfriend since you are married and belong to Violet." He points up at me as I hold onto the railing, feeling dizzy once again. "Whatever Mason! You have no right to come into my house and speak to me in such a manner!" Dante shouts at Mason and passes me a glares, "Don't worry  will be on my way right away and I left the file for the new warehouse that we opening so read through it and let me know what you think." Mason walks towards the door but turns around and looks at me, "Bye violet, hope you have a lovely day." He smiles and walks out as I look down at my feet. I wonder what kind of job Dante is involved in since he always needs security around him

I hear footsteps approaching and my train of thoughts break, I look up and see Dante, his breath fans over my face since his to close for my comfort, "I told you to clean the house and what do you do, flirt with my brother!" He screams into my face, I take a  step back and shiver at the coldness in his voice, "You are worthless and useless! All you know is to flirt with other men and cause trouble! Grow up and be mature, now get out of my sight and start cleaning!" He walks pass me and towards his office but I spin around, grabbing his wrist, "The only reason I'm taking your nonsense is because of my family! If it was not through them, I would have divorced you the same flipping day I married you." I head to my bedroom to get changed and to start working again because I'm strong enough to fight this battle and I won't back down.

I open my bedroom door and walk towards the walk-in closet, I pull out a blue crop top and a pair of black leggings. I put it on and walk out of the door but to see Dante speaking to Veronica, "Get your bags packed Veronica, we going to stay in my penthouse for now till she gets the house cleaned."

He makes me clean a mansion that has about 20 bedrooms, while he stays at his penthouse with Barbie. Inconsiderate asshole! I walk pass them as I walk downstairs to get the cleaning supplies.

Why do men believe that a women's job is just to sit in the house, have kids, look after kids, clean, cook and be the slave of the house? I hate this and I hate him.

He's evil.
He's dangerous.
He's ruthless.
He's cruel.
He's rude and self-absorbed.
He's after-all Dante Romano.