24

The early morning sun cascades sheets of gold into Nate's bedroom. I lay awake, staring at him in the glory of it all. He looks so peaceful in his sleep.

Achingly careful, I bring my hand up to move his hair off his forehead and even in my best efforts, he stirs.

His arm, which is still wrapped around my waist, tightens, and I am once again flush against him.

I lean forward and pucker my lips against the bare skin of his throat, earning a groan from Nate. His hips press firmer against my own as he brings me as close to him as I possibly can. My sleeping mind instantly wakes.

Nate's eyes barely open, his long lashes batting against sleep as he looks somewhere between my nose and forehead. His eyes are as gold as the light that is streaming through the window.

I hold my breath as his fingers come up and skim over my cheek.

"Beautiful," he whispers more to himself.

The tips of his fingers move up to my temple and I close my eyes as they roam my entire face; my eyes, my nose, my lips, until they start to move down my neck.

My breathing is coming out in worked up puffs but I can't seem to move or speak. And, of course, I don't want him to stop. It is like he is mesmerizing every curve and dip of my features as if he is seeing me for the first time.

His breathing is surprisingly steady as his hand brushes against my chest, stopping momentarily to give my right breast a body launching squeeze. I bite my lip to not make a sound.

"Beautiful," he murmurs again, his eyes becoming hooded. His hand continues to move south and my breathing increases to high speed.

"I have wanted to touch you for so long." Nate continues to speak in a voice that reminds me of someone who is hypnotized. "Never had the guts to do so. Too afraid you would disappear." He pushes up my shirt and trances my navel with his index finger. "Like bubbles."

"Bubbles?" I giggle and suck in a breath when his finger drags across the top of my denim skirt. He has to still be sleeping.

Nate hums again, a sound that I now know drives my body crazy and I lace my hands into his hair to pull his head closer to mine.

"Pop," Nate says, lips smacking on the P, as he pulls back the elastic of my waist band and it snaps my skin. I jolt against him.

The feeling of his fingers ticking the inside of my inner thigh is enough to make me squirm but I'm too mesmerized to move.

I watch him with curious eyes as he traces the lace band of my underwear and his touch goes even lower. His eyes have fallen shut as his touch runs over the rough fabric.

I see stars. His movement are slow, all feeling, as his fingers over my skin but he doesn't dwell there long much to my body's dismay.

His eyes, those eyes that make the sunrise look dull, are hooded as our breathing mingles. The feeling of him so close, touching me yet not touching me at all, and looking the way he does as he is still half asleep, pushes me over the edge and I about lose it.

That is until he brushes against a rather sensitive dip on my waist.

"Nate," I gasp.

Nate's hand stops and his eyes focus as my giggles dance along the morning sun.

I cover my mouth to stop the sound because I don't want him to stop exploring. It feels amazing, like the first peak of summer and the sun is hot and warms your whole body. The chill is magically gone.

He blinks a few times before a lazy smile graces his lips at the sound and goes back to moving his fingers over my skin but nowhere near as daring as before. His eyes are no longer lowered but are now wide and wild. His breathing matches mine as I close my eyes and enjoy the way Nate is touching me as if he is free from whatever hold he contains himself with.