Chapter 37 - It changes nothing

"I don't like the way he's looking at you
I'm starting to think you want him too
Am I crazy? Have I lost ya?
Even though I know you love me, can't help it"

Alix's P.O.V.

- "Is that a yes?!! We can go?" I asked excited.

I had been trying to convince my dad about the Bahamas for the last hour while Harley went to talk with the rest of the guys. I had already convinced June by saying Liam wasn't going and that it would be good for her. It was a lie, but me and Harley have been trying to get them back together cause honestly they have been miserable.

- "I don't know Alix. I'm not really sure it's a good idea. I just don't want something to happen like last time." My dad said eyeing me carefully to see my reaction.

Last time we went somewhere I was almost raped. Being reminded of it still made me nauseous and honestly a bit afraid, but this was going to be different. We would be in a hotel and I would be with Harley 24/7. To be honest I was going to always try to have someone with me at all times, you know just to feel safe.

- "Yeah, I know dad, but this will be different. If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be asking you to go, believe me. Please let us go, please?" I pleaded.

My dad looked at me and I could feel him give in. Julie, being the angel she is was the one giving him the last push he needed to give in.

- "Oh come on George, let the girls go! It's not everyday you win trips to the Bahamas, and they did finish high school with good grades and have been following the rules at home, give them a break..." Julie said patting his back softly.

My dad breathed in and looked at me again.

- "Ok..., go! Have fun! But not too much!" He said but I was already hugging him and saying thank you repeatedly.

Nothing could ruin my mood today! Everything was going better than planned, it can't get better than this, can it?

As if on cue, Harley appeared. Ok, maybe it could get better.

- "Hey, guess what?!" I asked excitedly as she approached us.

I couldn't read her expression, but I knew she had something to tell me, even though I would wait to be alone with her.

- "Hey, what is it?" She asked when she was only about two feet away and now I knew. She had something to tell me that she didn't want to. I knew that face.

I dismissed it for now and told her the news. She got excited, but not overly excited.

I was dying of curiosity, but we were going to have lunch with dad and Julie before we could be alone, so I just had to throw it to the back of my mind for now.

_______________________________________

Harley's P.O.V.

Fuck! What do I do? Do I tell Alix about the message? She is going to freak out, she is going to find Claire and kill her, I just know it. Maybe I should be the one talking to Claire and telling her to back off before this turns into a cat fight.

For the first time in my life I was wishing my mom and George could stay with us for a bit longer so I could avoid telling Alix that Claire and Matt are going, but I knew I would have to tell her eventually.

- "Was everything to your taste?" The server said starting to cdlear the table.

We had already had dessert and George and mom were in a hurry cause they still had to go to work.