xix| Diem

"It feels like there was something from the moment that we touched."

decem

decem.

diem

A social or romantic appointment or engagement.

════════

"YOU LOOK STUNNING," ANA COMMENTED AS I STARED INTO THE MIRROR, MY HAIR CURLED AND MY DRESS CLINGING TO MY BODY, OR AT LEAST THE TOP BIT.

From my waist onwards, the dress was less tight so I was less self-conscious in showing the shape of my entire body. It was strange wearing something that drew so much attention to me and my body, but I knew that I had to pull out all the stops if I were to have any chance in winning the bet.

The dress I was wearing was a dark lace red dress; it was short, coming up around mid-thigh and had a low neckline. I wasn't used to showing so much skin, but I had never been against it.

I wore a thin layer of makeup, knowing very well how badly my skin reacted to it, focusing more on the dark red lipstick that I applied.

"Thanks," I responded to my best friend, moving away from the mirror and sitting next to her on the bed. "Thank you for helping me get dressed too," I added as an afterthought.

"I barely did anything, I just wanted to check up on you," she mentioned, referring to what had happened to me yesterday. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I took a deep breath in, trying to ignore everything. It was easy to avoid it or make jokes about it when I was around Reece, or even Chase for that matter. It was much harder to hide how I was feeling around Ana considered how open I've been with her my entire life.

"I don't know how I feel," I confessed. "I want to move on and I want to curl up and cry at the same time. It's so hard having such a hyperactive thought process because I'm imagining every possibility."

She sighed, thinking about what to say. The two of us lay back on my bed, our heads on the pillows as we spoke. "You can't blame yourself for this, you know?"

I closed my eyes. "I can because I shouldn't have gone upstairs with him. I didn't want to but I couldn't say no. It's my worst quality."

"It's not your worst quality," she sighed.

"Yes it is," I interrupted her. I felt tears pool in my eyes and I hated how little it took to make me cry. "It's one of my worst ones at least, being at the top with too sensitive and too passive, although they're all pretty inextricably linked."