Chapter 26

Chapter 26

**Sorry for the late update! I am on Holidays now and I only get 30 minutes of computer/iPod time a day :( BTW, Look out for my new TVD fanfic. which I will be uploading soon! -Jade**

He led me outside of the hotel. We had set off the fire alarm a few minutes earlier before lighting the fire. I could already see the smoke bellowing out from the top floor.

“Come on darling.”

Kol tugged my hand gently before leading me to stretch limo that was parked out the front. My jaw dropped.

“Going for extravagant I see?”

He smirked.

“Only the best for you, love.”

I rolled my eyes before stepping into the car with the help of Kol.

“Wow.”

The interior was completely white leather and what look like mahogany.

“Do you like it?”

“It’s awesome. I’ve never been in a limo before.”

“Well, I’m glad your first time is with me.”

We rode in relative silence for the rest of the trip. It was only a short trip according to Kol, but in reality it took about 45 minutes. He didn’t think about traffic.

“Kollllll… Are we there yet?”

He rolled his eyes.

“Obviously not, cause if we were we wouldn’t be sitting in a car would we?”

“Fair enough.”

A comfortable silence descended.

“Kol?”

“Yes darling?” He said exasperatedly.

I smirked.

“Are we there yet?”

We arrived, and Kol decided it would be entertaining to blindfold me and watch me stumble around blindly.

“Is this really necessary?” I tugged at the edges of the blindfold.

“Yup.” I could tell he was smirking as he led me carefully down a rather uneven path.

I felt him reach behind my head and fiddle with the knot on the blindfold.

“Oh wow.”

Set out before me was a picnic rug with a basket and champagne. It was in the middle of a field on top of a hill, with a stunning view over the countryside. You could just see the city lights twinkling in the distance. Kol was already seated on the rug, seemingly studying my face for my reaction. I walked over to him and sat down.

“Do you like it darling?” He had a nervous tone to his voice and he was twisting his hands together. He is so adorable sometimes.

“Kol, it’s perfect.”

He visibly relaxed. I leaned up and pecked him on the lips.

“Thank you Kol. You really shouldn’t have gone to all this effort.”

“Yes, I should’ve. I would do anything for you.”

He placed his hand on my cheek and stroked his cheek with his thumb, causing me to blush. He chuckled at this.

“Would you like some champagne?”

“Please.”

The rest of the evening was spent talking and laughing. When the sun set after a beautiful display, he produced candles from the basket and lit them.

“Aren’t you just full of surprises?”

“I prefer to say I’m always prepared.”

I smiled at him. It was strange, with other people this situation would’ve been completely awkward and rather unbearable, but around Kol, it just felt so natural.

“You know, when I first met you, I was so annoyed by you.” Kol pondered.

“Wait, what? I annoyed you? More like the other way around mister!”

“Sorry, I put that wrong. You intrigued me. While all the other girls in that music class threw themselves at me, you seemed to despise me for no reason, and you talked back. Normally the only people who did that were my siblings, other, well, they are no longer alive.”

“Why didn’t you kill me?”

Kol started at my rather forward question.

“I didn’t know then, and I still don’t know now.”

He smirked before adding;
“You were so annoying I can’t figure out why I kept you alive.”

I elbowed him, hard. Of course, being a vampire, he just laughed.

“Note to self, elbow Kol when I’m a vampire.”

His grin quickly disappeared.

“I think not love.”

“Hm, why not?”

“You wouldn’t want to elbow a gorgeous badass original like me, would you?”

“Cocky much?”

“Yup.” He winked at me while I just rolled my eyes.

“God, you are unbelievable sometimes. How do I cope?”

“Because being away from my awesomeness for to long damages your brain.”

I sighed, closing my eyes. Kol chuckled at my reaction to his obnoxious behavior. When I opened my eyes again, Kol was kneeling in front of me.

“What?”

He pulled out a ring in a red velvet box. I gasped, feeling tears start to pool in my eyes.

“Bethany. You are the only one that I have ever truly cared about. You are the only one that can actually enjoy my company for more than a few hours. You are the one that had brung me down. You are the only oen for me. I don’t deserve you, but I’m going to ask anyway. Bethany Robertson, will you marry me?”

I let the tears fall. I was full on sobbing now, sobbing and smiling. Kol’s smile fell from his face.

“Darling? Have I done something wrong?” He looked so concerned.
I let out a strangled laugh.

“Yes, Kol.”

“What did I do? How-“

I cut him off by full on kissing him. He responded immediately, but I could still tell he was utterly confused. I pulled away slowly.

“Behany-“

“Yes Kol. I will marry you.”

“What? The why are you crying?”

“These are tears of happiness Kol, you idiot!”

He smiled at me, before taking my hand and sliding the ring onto my finger.         

“I love you, Bethany.”

“As do I, Kol Mikaelson.”

**Comment and vote!** 

Elena vs. Katherine? Who would win?