Day 11

30 Days with Fina by JellOfAllTrades
Chapter 11

I opened the screen door to the old Folloso ancestral house and was bombarded by a rain of colorful confetti.

"ATE JELL!" Kier shouted, jumping up and down while beside him, Mary is holding a camera and is taking pictures of me.

Kuya Ken approached me and hugged me...and then he slapped my butt.

"TANGINA, TIGILAN NYO NGA AKO!" I took off mom's red high heels and threatened to throw it at my brother and cousins.

"Kalma! Ngayon ka palang ulit namin nakitang magdress eh!" Rence said from the couch.

"Ano na nga palang nangyari sa plano mo? Nabili mo ba yung lupa?" Kuya Ken asked, flipping out his phone to take a picture of me.

I smirked. "Dude, he was willing to sell me everything near the property in just one wink. When I leaned forward to ask him when can it be done he immediately called for his attorney and drafted everything in a contract in just an hour. Babalik na lang ako dun next week para magkabayaran na lang."

"YUN OH!" Kier shouted, punching the air in triumph. 

"Gano kalaki yung lupa?" Gerald asked.

"Initially, I asked for 300 square meters," I answered.

"But?" Mary asked at the edge of her seat.

I opened the folder I'm holding and showed the contract to them, flashing my winning smile, I said, "800 square meters eastern side of the site."

They shouted and jumped up and down as if one of us won the lottery.

"Teka teka!" Kuya Ken suddenly stopped.

"Bakit?" Kier complained. "800 square meters na yun oh! That's way more than what Mamita's asking for!"

"Oo nga, alam ko yun. Pero magkano naman ang bentahan nyo?" Kuya Ken explained. "Kasi diba 25 million lang ang budget mo? Baka sumobra yan ha?!"

"5 bro," I smirked, picking up mom's red high heels. "I got it for 5 million."

They cheered while I went up to my room to change. I saw myself in the mirror and shook my head. 

I look different. Like it isn't me that is in front of the mirror. My hair is curled wavy, I'm wearing makeup and a red tight fit dress that barely reached my midthigh and is showing a great amount of my chest.

Okay, I look hot.

But not the hot way that I want. That I'm used to.

I took a change of clothes and went to the bathroom for a shower. I felt sticky and weird wearing a dress again. No wonder its been years since I last wore one. I never liked it.

When I went downstairs my brothers and cousins are busy with their gadgets. 

"Gawa niyo?" I asked. They all seem to be focused on what they're doing.

"Posting," Gerald answered.

My phone began buzzing so I took it out and answered the incoming call from Jaime.

"Talk to me."

"JELLANE FOLLOSO-RAMOS!" He shouted.

"What?"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU'RE HOT IN A DRESS?!"

"Wait--WHAT?!" I glared at my brothers. "Hoy Kuya, Kier, panong nakarating kay Jaime yung balita?"

"Dude, what are social networks for?" Kier stood up, approached me, and showed me the picture he posted on the internet. 

"What the fuck?!"