Chapter 19

Birthday Surprise

Like what Cher said, it is Caius' birthday this Saturday and I'm thinking of something to give him. I actually like the idea that I make him a cake. Good thing I listened well in baking class before. But of course, I'm also thinking of other options that I could give him.

It's actually hard to guess what he needs right now because he basically has everything he wants. Or, I'm sure he would buy something straight away if he needs it. I do not know what he wants as well because he won't say it directly to me or even show it.

But Cher already told me he likes sweets and I've seen it because he loves ice cream. Hmm, what should I give him?

So right now, Caius and I are having our breakfast and it's kinda been our routine to eat together every morning. He doesn't say much when we eat, but he always made sure that I eat a lot by giving me lots of foods in front of me.

"Damn, something is wrong with this shoes." I heard him mutter while he grabs his bag in our room.

"Oh, so you need some shoes?" I suddenly blurted out while I stand at our bedroom door.

His eyebrows touched then shakes his head. "I have lots of them here." He said, walking towards his own walk in closet. I actually haven't been there or had a glimpse of it so I followed along and I saw him there, scanning the whole cabinet of leather and black shoes. But the casual footwear he had is at another cabinet.

"Woah, you had lots of shoes there." I muttered.

Okay, shoes is not in the options any more. Caius seems to be didn't mind that I was checking his closet for a few minutes, he lets me be as he puts on a new pair of black leather shoes. He fixed his the buttons of his shirt first then checked himself in front of the mirror. "Do you have something to say to me?" He suddenly spoke.

I immediately shook my head. "No!"

"Then why are watching me?" He arrogantly asked as he puts on his back tie around his neck.

"No reason." I flushed then head out of the room. Now, what I am going to do now?

I think I should stick to the cake because that is something that he will see that I have shown some effort. But I need to shop first and get some recipes since his birthday is tomorrow.

I will give the cake to him at exactly 12 in the morning so I need to bake it to day while he is still at work.

"I will be going now. Do you plan on going somewhere today?" He asked me who we is walking towards the front door, his doctor coat hanging on his bended arm.

"No, why would I go somewhere?" I lied, but my tone is rather cheerful.

He gave me a puzzled look with his eyebrows slightly touching. "Since when did you became happy about staying here?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, trying to sound like I do not have any clue.

Caius just ignored me and shakes his head. "I will be back by evening. I will see you tonight. Call me if you need anything." He said then head to leave the house where his car is waiting outside.

When Caius is already an hour gone, I got ready to go out. "Claire!" I called then went to the kitchen where she is standing and guiding the other maids on cleaning.