Chapter 15 - Shattered dreams

Ashley's POV

When I opened my eyes, I was in the hospital.

"Ashley, how do you feel?" James asked, worried.

"What happened to me?" I asked, trying to remember.

"You fainted. I brought you here." He replied, holding my hand.

The door opened and the doctor walked in. "How do you feel?" She asked as she approached me.

"Better." I muttered.

After looking at the papers in her hand, she lifted her head up and looked at me."Congratulations. You are about three weeks pregnant." She said, giving us a warm smile.

James looked at me, shocked, pulling his hand away as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"You should take care of your girlfriend." The doctor added, looking at James.

Oh, she thought the father was James.

"No, he is not the father. We are just friends." I explained.

"Yeah." James muttered.

"Oh, sorry. I misunderstood." The doctor gave us an apologetic look, and she left afterwards.

There was an awkward silence in the room. I bit my lower lip as I interrupted this silence. "Thank you, James. If you weren't there..."

"Don't need to thank, Ashley." He interrupted me. "You didn't look surprised when the doctor told you about the baby. Did you know?" He asked, pointing to my stomach with his head. I nodded. "The father...does he know?" He asked, looking at me uncomfortably.

I placed my hand on my stomach, looking at the ceiling. "No." I muttered.

Fortunately, he didn't ask me any more questions as he understood that I was not ready to talk about it. He was a thoughtful person.

I asked him to drop me off in Kelly's. I could not go home in this state. My parents would be suspicious that something had happened.

When Kelly opened the door, she looked at me, confused. "Ashley, what are you doing here? Weren't you going to Blaze?"

I hugged her and started crying. She hugged me back. "Ashley, what happened? I am worried. Doesn't he want the baby?"

"He was pretending all this time. It was a bet." I pulled back, wiping my tears off my cheeks with my hand. " He made a bet on me with Mike that he would make me fall in love with him. And he would....have sex with me. He bet his car." I said, sobbing.

"Oh my goodness. What a bastard!" She snapped and wrapped her arm around me as she led us towards the living room.

I was leaning against the pillow in the guestroom. Kelly was beside me. I stopped crying just a few minutes ago. I felt tired and numb.

My phone rang again. I grabbed it and looked at the screen. It was Blaze. He had been calling me since I arrived.

"Blaze again?" Kelly asked; I nodded and turned off my phone.

"You should rest, dear. If you need something, call me. Good night." Kelly said, giving me a smile.

"Good night."

I couldn't fall asleep. I took the baby shoes and rested my hand on my stomach. I was playing with the shoelaces.

Finally, my eyelids got heavier and I fell asleep.

Blaze's POV

I called David and ordered him to send someone to take my car to the company's garage and bring me my other car.

I called Ashley again. But now her phone was turned off. Damn! I threw my phone onto the couch angrily. I needed to see her. I grabbed my phone and left.

I parked my car in front of her house. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. The security guard approached me as I walked towards the gate.

"Hello. I would like to see Ashley." I told him.

"Ms. Parker isn't home, sir."

I nodded and went towards my car. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called David.

"Sir. " He picked up.

"I will send you a phone number. Find its location as soon as possible. "

"Alright, sir."

I got in my car and drove away from the mansion. After several minutes, my phone buzzed. The message was from David. He sent me her location. I started the car.

I knocked on the door, biting my lower lip nervously. Finally, the door opened. When Kelly saw me, her expression changed; she gave me a death glare.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She snapped.

"Kelly, please. I need to talk to Ashley." I said desperately.

"Ashley is sleeping. She has been crying since she came here. And there is nothing to talk about. Leave now. I hold myself hard not to slap you." She said angrily.

"Kelly, please. I really love her. Yes, everything started with the bet. But I fell in love with her. Today, I told Mike about it and wanted to end the bet. And even, I wanted to give him my car. But he didn't take the car when I told him I loved Ashley."

"Yeah...yeah...For sure." She nodded sarcastically and slammed the door.

I breathed deeply, running my fingers through my hair. Dammit! I got in my car and decided to wait for her.

I wake up with my phone ringtone. I had fallen asleep in front of Kelly's. I rubbed my eyes as I picked up my phone.

"Yes?" I said in a sleepy voice.

"Blaze, I saw your car in the company's garage. What happened? Are you okay?" My father asked, worried.

"Yes, Dad. Don't worry. I am okay. It is a long story." I assured him.

"Where are you? Who did it? Do you know?"

I breathed deeply. "Dad, can we talk later? I am not in the mood now." I said.

"Blaze, are you really okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Physically, yes." I muttered without taking my eyes off from the house.

Suddenly, the door opened and Ashley walked out.

"Dad, I have to hang up. Bye." I hung up quickly and got out of the car.

When Ashley saw me, she turned back and speeded up her steps. I rushed towards her and grabbed her wrist.

"Ashley, please, listen to me. I am begging you." I begged desperately.

"Let go of me!" She yelled at me as she was trying to pull her arm away.

"Ashley, I love you. Please, forgive me. Yes, in the beginning, it was just a bet for me. But after spending time together, I fell in love with you. Believe me." I said sincerely.

"New lies?" She shook her head, giving me a mocking smirk. "I hate you. You shattered my heart into a million pieces. I hate you. I thought you loved me. But all of these were just for the damned bet. You got what you had wanted. Now, leave me alone!" She said and pulled her hand away, looking at me with a pure of anger and disappointment in her eyes.

"Ashley..."

"Leave me alone, Blaze!" She snarled at me, emphasizing each word and walked into the house back.

I kicked the wall in frustration. Damn! I hissed.