Taking Flight ( 15 )

"Really we're going to fly?!" I said like an excited 3-year-old with a puppy.

"You got to learn sometime. Why not now before I leave to find the last rider."

"Yes, come on let's go," I said motioning for him to hurry up.

"Someone's excited I see."

"Well yeah, why wouldn't I be? This is going to be awesome!" I yelled as we got to Athena.

"Slow down there is more to flying than you think."

"Pft got this,"

You should listen to him, Larisa. Flying can be difficult." Athena said.

"Fine" I sighed.

"Alright first we need a saddle so you won't fall."

"Okay let's go."

Ty led the way through camp to where the saddles and other dragon equipment were held and guess who was there.

Shane, the ultimate asshole, was sitting there with a pad of paper in his hands taking notes for something.

"Hey, Shane we need a Firezephyr saddle," Ty shouted at the old man.

Shane looked up from the paper to Ty and me.

"Well, of course, I would be happy to help, Tyranis."

"Thank you".

Shane got up from his seat and went into the sheld to get a saddle, but not before sending a disgusted glare at me.

Great, he still hates me. Perfect. I sighed and turned back to Athena.

"What's wrong," Ty said with a hit of concern in his voice as he walked up to my side.

"O' it's nothing I'm fine," I said not moving my gaze from Athena.

"You're a bad liar you now."

"So I've been told."

"So are you going to tell me."

"Nope," I said popping the 'p' as I turned to him.

It was his turn to sigh now. He then went to say something else, but Shane came out a leather saddle. It wasn't much different from a horse's saddle but it was thinner and there were no stirrups.

"Here it is Tyranis the best we have for the fair lady," Shane said fakely.

"Thanks," Ty said obviously picking up on his tone and taking the saddle from him.

"Is there anything else you need of me?" Shane asked.

"No," Ty said sternly not even looking back at him as he walking towards me with the saddle

"But-" Shane began but was cut off by Ty sending a deadly glare at him.

"Larisa let's go we don't want to waste any more time than we already have," Ty said his eyes never leaving Shane who looked a little scared and with the glared he was getting from Ty and I didn't blame him Ty can be terrifying when he wants to be.

Ty then started to walk off with Raikou following him. I quickly followed as well with Athena following me.

"If looks could kill. Wow"

I laughed a little at Athena's comment and then looked back at Shane who looked at me angrily. However, his face fell suddenly and was replaced by a one of fear once more. I was confused at why until I turned and saw the deadly look on Ty's faces.

"Is there a problem here that I need to know of," Ty said through his teeth.

"No sir. None at all" Shane said quickly.

"Good. Larisa let's go." Ty said again but this time with more force.

I keep quiet as I hurried to Ty's side. He sent one last glare at the old man before walking away with me at his side. After we were out of earshot of Shane Ty spoke.

"What did he say to you?"

"Really Ty it's fine. Everyone has there own opinion."

"What did he say to you?"He said again.

I sighed before answering him.

"He said that I was saddening and that the power was wasted on me, "I said bearly above a whisper.

He stopped.

He was about to talk but I stopped.

"Ty, really it's okay. I can fight my own battles. Okay?"

He said nothing for a moment before sighing and looking at me.

"Alright, I wouldn't interfere."

"Thank you."

We walked until we came to a good size clearing just outside of the camp.

"Here is good. Are you ready for your first flight?"

"Yes, Finally."

He gave a short laugh as he put the saddle on Athena.

"Alright get on," Ty said after he finished with the saddle.

I did as I was told and grab onto Athena and pulled myself onto her back.

"Are you ready?" Athena asked.

"I've never been more ready in my life."

"There two things you need to know when flying," Ty said as he mounted Raikou. "One, stay low on your saddle and Two, hold on so you don't fell off.

"Okay got it."

Athena opened her red wings. I leaned down in the saddle and tightened my grip. Ty and Raikou jumped up into the sky.

"You coming" Ty yelled down at me.

I smirked at him. Athena flapped her strong wings and we were in the air. The wind blew through my hair making it go in my face and in my mouth, but at the moment I didn't care.

Then I heard laughing. I looked over and Ty saw with a bright simile on his face.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

" Nothing. Nothing at all." He said throwing his head back with a laughing.

I didn't know why but I started laughing too. The air was filled with our laughter and the beats of our dragon's wings. Then I got an idea.

"Athena I have an idea. How about a little race."

"I was hoping you would say that."

With a look back at Ty, I smirked at him and Athena and I shot off leaving Ty in my dust... or air..???

Athena and I got a good head start before Ty caught up. He was fast that was for sure.

"Cheater" He called out to me.

I laughed and pulled up as Athena flew up above the white fluffy clouds. I looked around for Ty, but both he and his golden dragon were nowhere to be found. Then out of nowhere, the golden dragon popped out of the clouds in front of us going straight up. His laughter ring through the air soon followed by my own.

We flew through the blue midday sky. The wind blew through my hair and I couldn't help but smile at the feeling. This is where I was meant to be.