*The Unquiet Dead*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 8093 words, is now 9865! I should have the edited chapters Aliens of London and World War III up sometime tomorrow, enjoy! :)

Do you want to know what's a horrible idea? Letting Rose try to help fly the TARDIS. The Doctor had come into my room with a slam of the door and a beaming Rose behind him, telling me that it was time to get up and going. Honestly, does that man have an unending supply of energy? Maybe it's a Time Lord thing... do they need as much sleep as humans do?

So, we were now in the console room, the whole place shaking with an alarm going off. "Hold that one down!" the Doctor shouts to Rose over the noise.

"I'm holding this one down!" she retorts, stretched as far as she could to hold what she was.

"Well, hold them both down!" he counters, flipping and pressing levers and switches and buttons as he rushes around the console.

I hop off the jump-seat and hold the button down that the Doctor had pointed to, rolling my eyes as the TARDIS stabilizes a bit, "ya know, I'm here too," I 'pout'.

"I know," the Doctor sends me a cheeky wink, making me snort with slightly pink cheeks, but Rose just frowns between us.

The Doctor and I had decided not to tell Rose anything about our connection until it was necessary or we figure out what it is - whichever comes first.

"It's not going to work," Rose cuts in.

"Oi!" the Doctor points to her, offended by her disbelief. "I promised you girls a time machine and that's what you're getting," he flicks her nose as he walks by, making her yelp and slap his chest with me snickering at them. "Now," he grins widely. "You've seen the future, let's have a look at the past; 1860, how does 1860 sound?" he looks between Rose and me.

"What happened in 1860?" Rose and I ask together, giggling afterward.

"I don't know," the Doctor admits, making Rose and I laugh harder. "Let's find out! Hold on, here we go!" he yells, throwing down a lever.

Rose and I smile widely, holding onto the console to stay upright. The TARDIS jolts to a stop as the Doctor lands and the three of us go flying to the ground, laughing hysterically. "Blimey," Rose hops up.

"You're telling me!" the Doctor laughs, standing as well and giving me a hand up. "You two alright?" he looks between us.

"Yup, brilliant," I beam, leaning against the console.

"Yeah, I think so!" Rose smiles, looking herself over. "Nothing broken... did we make it? Where are we?" she asks, grabbing my hand and dragging me over to the monitor.

I tilt my head, looking at the circular symbols that were on the monitor. I wonder what they were. Maybe Gallifreyan since the TARDIS isn't translating it? Is that even what the language would be called? Gallifreyan? Well, it'd make sense if she didn't translate, considering it'd be the language of the Time Lords. Why would they need it translated?

"I did it! Give the man a medal!" the Doctor exclaims happily, knocking me from my thoughts. "Earth, Naples, December 24th, 1860!"

"I don't think you know what you're doing," I tease, making him roll his eyes.

"That's so weird... it's Christmas!" Rose smiles.

The Doctor gestures to the door, "all yours," he smirks between us.

"But, it's like... think about it, though," Rose leans against the TARDIS, folding her arms. "Christmas, 1860; happens once, just once and it's gone... it's finished. It'll never happen again... except for you," she studies the Doctor intently and he raises an eyebrow, smiling slightly. "You can go back and see days that are dead and gone a hundred thousand sunsets ago... no wonder you never stay still," she smiles