Chapter 22

§
Chapter 22
Adrenaline rush
§

So excited that i hit 101k read im literally SHOOKETH so in honor of that heres the longest chapter ive ever wrote with 6k words

Counting all the tickets i had won from the machine within the past hour i cant help but to let out a little goofy dance, I was definately going home with a nerf gun tonight. The 4 of us had decided to do something chill this saturday night so instead of going to a club or bar we were hanging at dave & busters.

"Ok i cant hold it in no more...whats going on between you and erik?" Amara blurts playing with her roll of tickets and i tilt my head in confusion. Him and i were acting how we usually act. "You were yelling at him more then usual but hes not snapping back he just goes along and you were laughing at his jokes" she says and i squint.

"Do you want us to argue like we did for the first half hour? And it could just be the competitor in me, this place is like an adrenaline rush for me he just thinks its funny" i shrug noncholantly before counting a different roll of tickets.

"Thats not what im talking about Mal!" She blurts and i cant help the laugh that comes out of my mouth because i truly had no idea what she was talking about. "Spill the tea bitch, because he's been giving you these looks all night and i never seen him look at you like that before" she says and i dont realize the smile that makes its way onto my face as i turn to look at him.

We catch each others eye so he teasingly licks his lips and i cant help but roll my eyes sending him the middle finger which he gives me a wink in return before i turn back to face amara whos giving me the look. "Its nothing Amara just him being him" i shrug definately not telling her about what happened last night.

"Uh- huh so i was born at night i wasnt born last night something happened between you two and those hickeys on your neck is proof" she says and i completely forgot about them and i brush my hand over where it was before the thoughts instantly come back from last night along with the feeling.

I thanks bast when the boys come and sit at the table because i didnt have an explanation for that, i definately didnt plan on telling her about what happened last night either. Its not that i was embarassed or anything i was just a private person when it came to certain things. I cant help but jump when erik brushes his hand against my leg not because it turned me on but because i was on edge.

"Have you calmed down now muhammed ali?" Erik jokes and i roll my eyes, because my anger was feeding off my adrenaline i was quick to pick a fight with people and punched a guy in his face, but in my defense he was stairing at me for a long time and when i asked him was there a problem he thought that was an open invitation to touch me. So i knocked his ass out and everyone felt like i could 'use a break' so thats why amara and i came to sit. I send erik a glare which all he does is smile as he folds up his tickets and put them in a cup.

Men were so...egotistical. While i watch the two dark skin boys who seem to be twins competing in some basketball game they were failing miserably. While the boys were getting snacks Amara and i had been watching these two losers and laughing the whole time mainly because they harassed two other girls to get off the game.

"I thought the goal was to get the ball in the hoop" i laugh to amara who snickers. Today i had been full of adrenaline, and i loved the feeling of it pumping through my veins. Okoye's mission was running through my mind and it felt so good to be back doing something for my country again.