Chapter 14: Record studio

The next week went by without any news breaking out about you and Jimin. You were relieved but still scared something would drop. You had checked the fan accounts on social media and searched on the Internet, but all the pictures you could find were blurry and unrecognizable, which lightened the heavy burden you had felt on your shoulders.
You had yet to decide if you wanted to write your entire album by yourself or get help from Big Hit. 

Needless to say, you didn't know what to do. 

Help could be very precious, especially if it came from people with experience in this entertainment. But you also wanted to be able to express yourself, show the audience your emotions and thoughts, be the artist you've always dreamed to be and that meant that you had to write your songs yourself.

You were wandering through the silent apartment when you heard a melody coming from the small recording studio. You had actually never set foot in there but you knew that the boys liked to register their ideas in there before doing the real deal in Big Hit's office. Every member had their own music equipment in their room, but the small record studio had better acoustics.
You approached the room quietly and opened the door just enough to pop your head through it, peeking in, curious as to who was working at the moment.
Jungkook was inside, sitting on a chair, softly playing the guitar. Hearing you enter, his head snapped up, looking up to see who was there with his wide doe eyes. "Hey, sorry, I didn't want to bother, I'll leave, I just wanted to know who was in here," you said quickly and laughed slightly, about to leave and close the door again.
"No worries," he grinned, "hey? actually-" he stopped you in your tracks. "We never sang together as you promised," he smirked, making you laugh. "Are you free right now?" he asked and you nodded happily. A big smile spread on his face and he tapped on a stool next to him, signaling you to sit down.
"What were you working on?" you asked and glanced at the papers in front of him. "Just some ideas for covers," he said and rapidly put his papers away. What he didn't know was that you had been able to read a small part. 

It weren't covers. 

That was for sure. He was writing something... You didn't want to push him to tell you something he wasn't ready to tell you, so you just let it slip and tried to focus on something else. "What do you want to sing?" he asked you and grinned. Startled, you shook your head, not expecting to choose the song yourself. A small laugh escaped your lips, "Just go ahead and sing something, I'll join in," you answered, fidgeting with your fingers. He nodded and started to play the guitar, finding a melody, before he started to sing one of their songs. His voice was beautiful, even prettier in real life than on their albums. Soft, yet strong. You were a little scared to join in, but you tapped the rhythm with your feet and started to sing softly, harmonizing with him. The corners of his mouth rose into an encouraging smile as his eyes focused on you. "Don't be shy," he mouthed, grinning cutely, waiting for you to sing alone. His eyes didn't leave yours, expectation sparkling in them. The song got faster and you sang alone, closing your eyes, not able to face Jungkook's reaction. He just continued to play the guitar and joined you in the chorus again. The end of the song approached and you ended it together in perfect harmony, a wide proud smile present on your lips. The youngest seemed happy too, his bunny teeth showing in a cute smile, "We should do this more often. I like singing together with you."            You nodded happily, agreeing with him. You really had had fun. "By the way, your voice is beautiful, you shouldn't be shy. Especially not in this business." you blushed lightly at his compliment, smiling softly at him with a thankful expression, his eyes dropped to the floor as he chuckled, "but who am I to tell you that." 

"At my audition, I was terrified of singing in front of the judges. Later on, I got used to singing in public, but it took a lot of time and work." You looked at Jungkook in total surprise, this was the first time you heard about this. How could someone with such an angelic voice be shy about singing? "Thank you," you looked at him sincerely, "I'll try to be more confident in the future and follow your example," you winked at him jokingly, smiling brightly. 

Your problems suddenly rushed back into your mind and you buried your face in your hands. "Agh, Jungkook, I don't know what to do. I have to choose if I want to write all of the songs for my first album or if I take already written ones," you whined and looked at him in exasperation. You had to give your answer tomorrow. "It's a really important choice," he stated and looked at you seriously, before putting his guitar down. "I know..." you mumbled. "Hey, don't worry, you'll figure it out. You could always mix both options. Write some songs and take already written ones," he tried to cheer you up and gently stroke your back in a consoling manner. "You know what? I have an excellent idea. No it's not excellent, it's brilliant," he added with a big grin, "since I enjoyed singing with you so much" he looked you in the eyes "we should definitely do a duet on your album. I mean if you want of course.". You sat up straight and looked at Jungkook with wide eyes, excitement taking over your facial expression, "You'd do that? You'd really do a duet with me on my debut album???"

"I mean if the company's okay with it, I don't see why not," he answered laughing. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" you giggled, taking his hands in yours before starting to jump around in circles with him. You probably looked like children going crazy but who cared anyway? He laughed at your reaction and pulled you into a hug. "We'll make it happen,"  he assured you and sat back down laughing.

Suddenly the door burst open and Yoongi looked at you both with a surprised expression. "YA! What the hell is going on in here? It sounded as if elephants had taken over the apartment.".
You both looked at each other, chuckling silently as you tried to contain your laughter. You turned to Yoongi, taking it upon yourself to explain the situation. "Jungkook just agreed to do a duet with me on my first album. So I did a little happy jumping dance thingy," you explained and Yoongi rolled his eyes but smiled slightly. "Next time do it a little more silently," he teased you and closed the door again. You were struggling to hold back a smile. Yoongi just had his own ways of showing his affection.
You were about to turn back towards Jungkook when the door opened again. Yoongi's head appeared, eyes staring you down severely as he pointed an accusing finger at you, a grim expression on his face. For a moment, you were worried, your heart dropping in your pants since Yoongi could become quite scary, but you could notice how the corners of his mouth were twitching mischievously, resisting the urge to smile. "How dare you consider doing a duet with him first. You know exactly that you and I could create magic! I want a song with you too. It's only fair." You jumped up and hugged Yoongi tightly, completely catching him off guard. He struggled in your arms and acted as if he was battling hard to breath, even though a gummy smile was edged onto his lips. "Of course. I'm sorry," you whispered softly and smiled. He didn't hug you back but you knew that this was just how he was. It would take time until he would let his walls fall down completely around you. When you loosened your hug, distancing yourself again from his stiff figure, you caught a glimpse of a smile before he looked serious again, making your heart melt in your chest. However, you acted as if you hadn't seen it, laughing softly before you sat back down. "I hope Big Hit agrees," you sighed. 

"They will," Yoongi stated casually, a small confident smile on his lips, determination marking his face before he closed the door behind him. You looked at Jungkook with a slightly worried expression, but the maknae just laughed and shrugged it off. He didn't seem all too surprised. "If he says it will happen. Trust me. It will."