Chapter Eight: Night Time Visit

[Skylar’s Pov]

After dinner, I tread upstairs to my room, tired from the event of this afternoon with Amie, the two wolves, and the four strangers. I opened the door to my room and walked in. I was so absorbed with my thought that I did not realize that there was someone in the room with me until I look up. Standing by my large bay window was an auburn-haired woman who was completely dressed in black. On her brow was silver circlet, the leather vest she wore hand the emblem of a purple iris enveloping a black dagger. Her hazel eyes were emotionless as she level her gaze on me. She took a step forward and my eyes were immediately drawn to the sword strapped on her back. When she spoke, I felt a shiver go down my spine.

“My mistress was not pleased with your action this afternoon. I was sent with the warning, that if you abuse your power as alpha, it can and will be taken away from you.”

At this, I growled. Who was this chick to tell me that I could lose my alpha status when I was born to it. I sent a message out through the pack link to my brother, warning of the intruder. The girl laughed her mouth curling into an amused smirk.

“Do you really think your pack can catch me, when they didn’t even notice when I enter your pack house?”

Before she could continue, Kain slams the door open. When he spotted the intruder, he shifted and charged at her. He flashed his fangs in a snarl and launched at her. I waited for her to scream in pain only to hear my brother's enraged roar. He was held in place, midair, as he twisted and turned trying to reach the girl. Immediately, I moved to shift, only to find myself immobile.  The girl tsked.

“As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted”

She pointedly looked at Kain.

“You have been warned. Next time  I will not be so nice. It is time for change and this is just the very beginning”

With that, she jumped out the window and was swallowed up into the night. Kain crashed onto the floor and I was finally able to move. I ran to the window and despite my sharp sight, I could not see where she went, only a purple iris that she left behind with a card. There was only one word on the card when I turned it over, written in an elegant script.

Soon.

 Angelique's POV:

I sat in the office reading the reports that Luna gave me when she returned with Liam. The moon was full and bright as it shine in through the large bay windows. The reporte showed that all was well during my absence. I was lost in thought when I felt a gentle breeze. Without looking up I said,

"Welcome back Bethany"

"Mistress, I did as you asked and left the note with the alpha"

I looked at her and nodded.

"Thank you. You should go rest for the night"

 She nodded and left as Luna and Liam entered. They both looked stress and upset. Before they could say anything, I spoke up.

"Calm yourselves. I had already sent a message to the alpha"

Luna stepped fprward.

"She had no right to disrespect Amie like that"

Liam place a hand on her shoulder, as I replied.

"That is true,but she did not know who Amie really is. Regardless, it will not happen again. I will make sure of it"

I stood up and walked towards the door.

"How is Amie and Vivian?"

This time, Liam replied.

"We got them settled in the rooms next to ours"

I nodded.

"Tomorrow is a new day. Take them out and get them anything they might need. I will inform the council and the academy regarding about Amie"

We had reach my room so I bid them good night before closing my door. I sighed. Tomorrow is a new day, indeed.