Journey

Kassandra's POV

"I am General Sif, by the laws that govern the light Illirian race, I hereby place you under arrest for desertion." He tells us and motions two of the guards forward with a nod of his head.

They step forward from their line and one moves in my direction and the other approaches Aliana.

The one in front of me reaches his hand out to touch my shoulder but before his hand makes contact Aliana's hand shoots over and locks on his wrist already having returned her swords.

He looks over at her and snarls at her, she growls and he tries to pull his hand back but I watch as her grip tightens.

He grits his teeth and tries to break her grip but she just tightens hers even more.

"Enough!" A voice booms and we all turn to look at the general. Aliana still doesn't release her grip and the general stalks over to us.

"I said enough!" He shouts at her and she just looks at him.

They stare at each other for a long time until the general looks away.

"Release him." The general says this time in a slightly less hostile voice.

"Do not think to ever tell me what to do." Aliana says in a low voice. She turns her gaze away from the general and looks at the man whose wrist she still has in a tight grip.

"Don't touch my mate." She snarls at him then shoves him away.

"Mate?" The general asks looking from me to Aliana with shock on his face."

The other people also look at us with strange expressions.

"Yes, we're mates. Is something wrong?" I ask and they look at each other then at the general.

He stares at us wide eyed but says nothing. I look over at Aliana but she has a blank look on her face.

The general steps back and clears his throat.

"We will be escorting you back to Illiria for sentencing, do not resist or we will be forced to restrain...." His words cut off as Aliana has him by his throat and Fen and Scar move up to my side snarling at the remaining people in the room.

"I thought I was clear when I told you not to try and tell me what to do and then you have the nerve to threathen my mate?" She says as the general scratches her hand struggling to get free.

The others move forward to intervene but Fen moves to block their way.

"Calm her down." Laas tells me.

Without questioning her words I return my sword and move around Fen and step up behind Aliana and place one hand on her back and the other reaches up and wraps around her wrist.

Her head turns away from the general and her rainbow colored eyes meet mine.

"It's alright, let him go." I tell her softly and she immediately releases him and he stumbles back holding his throat.

The general lifts his head and looks at her wide eyed in fear. I turn her around and she wraps her arms around my waist and growls. I rub her back to try and calm her down and she seems to get less tense every second.

"You're doing well in learning how to handle our mate." Laas says with a smile.

I just roll my eyes at her, a small smile playing on my lips and continue rubbing Aliana's back.

" We must go with them Kassandra all the answers we seek lie with them." Laas says as Kassandra pulls away from me and by the look on her face I can tell that she is communicating with Krii.

Her eyes focus and she looks at me and I nod my head. She turns to face the others in the room and they look at her with warry eyes.

"We will go with you." She says and the general narrows his eyes.

She turns away from them and waves her hand. Our luggage that was still in the destroyed room appears at her feet and she picks up the heavier bag and slings it over her shoulder. I take the other and we turn back around.

The general and his men are watching her with wide eyes, she ignores them and motions Fen and Scar over to us.

Fen growls at them one more time as Scar trots over to me and shrinks back into her smaller size and hops up on my shoulder and Fen soon does the same thing.

"Let's go." Aliana tells them and they all look at us as if we're insane.

The general motions one of his men forward and he reaches behind his back and pulls out what look like handcuffs. They are a deep red color.

Aliana raises one eyebrow at the approaching man and he pauses and looks back at the general who nods his head and the man takes another step forward.

As soon as he's in touching distance, Aliana reaches out and snatches the cuffs from the man and examins them, then she crushes them in her hands. They shatter and it sounded like glass breaking and once again the general and his men have their mouths wide open while staring at Aliana.

"How did you..... that's Illirain crystal, the hardest substance in our galaxy." He whispers looking at the broken cystal at Aliana's feet.

"I said that we would go with you, I never said anything about being shackled. Now let's go before I loose my patience." She says and takes my hand and we float out the hole in the wall into space and wait for the rest to follow.

They emerge a few seconds later with the general in the lead.

"This way." He motions us and we fly away from the wrecked G.A.C and destroyed Moiri ships.

I felt a little sad about leaving them stranded like that but there wasn't really anything I could do about it, hopefully their other ship will arrive soon.

The general flew in front of us and his men spread out on either side of us as if they we're trying to cut off all our escape routes.

We hadn't been travelling for more than an hour when I felt that same evil feeling I had when we we're on the ship.

"General." One of the men called him and pointed to our right. A ship was moving fast towards the reckages and from the feeling I was getting from the ship I knew that nothing good was on that ship.

I squeezed Aliana's hand involintarily and she looked over at me and she asked me a silent question.

I nodded my head sadly and she pulled my hand to her lips and kissed it.

"It's one of the Moiri ships that we've been tracking." One of the men pointed out.

"Do we engage?" Another asked.

The general looked over at me and Aliana then shook his head.

"We've got prisoners to escort, there is no time for a battle with the Moiri, they will rescue the survivors on their other ship and either kill or enslave the ones on the Galatic ship." He said with no feeling and I squeezed Aliana's hand again.

She nodded at me then disappeared. The general and his men froze and started shouting at each other looking for her.

The general flew closer to me.

"Where is she!?" He shouted and I pointed my finger in her direction.

They all turned and we watched as she turned and opened her mouth and black ball starts to form in front of her, when it's about the size of a soccer ball it shoots away form her towards the Moiri ship.

Beams from the ship fire at the fast approaching ball but all the hits bounce away from it and it slams into the ship. There's a second of calm and then the ship explodes outwards, debris flying in all directions. Aliana apperars in front of me and puts a shield around us all to protect us.

After about three minutes it's over and she drops the shield.

"Let's go." She says to the stunned men and I snicker a little.