thirteen || pride, envy, disbelief

ACT ONE; CHAPTER THIRTEENPRIDE, ENVY, DISBELIEF

PRIDE, ENVY, DISBELIEF

--

PRIDE, ENVY, DISBELIEF were not strong enough words to describe watching Kelsie Selwyn glide through the Slytherin Common Room with her tear cupped eyes staring straight forward and her head held high.

The strength she showed was bigger than any wary stares that were casted upon her or the looks of confusion at Eleanor and Regulus following behind, in step with one and other, or the failed attempt at ignoring their looks from the duo. While Eleanor glared at Barty Crouch who'd smirked at her with a cockiness he'd picked up trailing after Regulus, the mimicked boy hissed a threat towards a Fourth Year boy who he'd heard making comments. Both of them knew that they were nowhere near Kelsie's level, they could only wish and watch her with everything they could.

As if the show had weakened her, at the split off for the boys and girls, Kelsie drooped against the wall. From the tears, exhaustion had laid to rest on her eyes, and it had been a miracle she had yet to pass out from that already. Pity finally taking reign because of it, causing her better judgement to flee, a pursed lipped Eleanor gestured for Regulus to carry her.

Without questioning it, though his furrowed brows said otherwise, he did as he was silently instructed. Meanwhile Eleanor pulled out her wand and traced the archway to the girls' dorm hallway, "Votu puella Eleanor Archord."

"I have never seen anybody do that before."

Eleanor rolled her eyes and put her wand away. "It's to let you in, Einstein. Although, thinking about it now, it would have been funny to see what it'd do to you without permission."

Leading the way, Eleanor brought the unlikely trio back to the Dorm Room she shared with Kelsie, Pandora and the other two. When she alone had entered, Pandora began to speak of her worry for her two disappearing friends but broke off into a fish face of shock at Regulus carrying Pandora towards her bed. Using the power of deduction through the pictures on each nightstand, Regulus laid Kelsie gently on the right bed as Eleanor told Pandora not to ask through a scrunched face and a shake of the head.

The situation was odd enough without Pandora asking questions that Eleanor couldn't find coherent and completely truthful answers to with a gun to her head.

Instead, with a new look, a pleading to just comply with the weirdness, Eleanor dragged Regulus out of the room quicker than he'd entered. She had full faith that Pandora could watch over Kelsie with as much care and love as a stereotypical mother, that still didn't stop Eleanor trying to rush to drop off Regulus to get back to Kelsie. Responsibility for hurt people, people always seemed to tell her in one way or another, could be the hamartia of Eleanor Archord.