Prolouge

Edit 2: THIS BOOK IS BEING REMASTERED ON A03!
You can find it under the same title on my profile InkpenA113 on ao3!

Edit: Fixing some errors and mistake today! A few plot points may change here and there! The show must go on!

————

Charlie's POV

    It was a Monday morning when this all started. I slid out of bed and went downstairs where my parents were running back and forth, not even noticing me when I came in.

   "Have you seen my eyeliner?!"

   "Here, dearest! Where's my laptop?!"

   "In the office I believe!"

    I watched them run around for about two minutes before slowly speaking.

    "Good morning..."

    "Oh good morning, Charlie!" Mama came and kissed my cheek before rushing off again.

    "Morning, pickle!" Dad ruffled my hair.

     I went in the dining room and crawled into my chair. Mama came over and put a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me, along with another kiss.

    "No classes today?" she asked.

    "No. Tomorrow and Thursday," I said, proceeding to eat my breakfast.

    "Ok then! Walter will look after you today!"

    "Hurry, we'll be late!" Dad cried.

    "Ok! Bye bye, honey!"

     Mama hurried out the door with Dad to the car. I blew hair out my face with an annoyed look. I didn't need a babysitter; especially not when that babysitter is my brother.

    My name is Charlie Baudelaire, a name my dad chose, for his love of the poet Charles Baudelaire. I'm five years old and, believe it or not, I'm a college student. I graduated high school at age four. Due to my VERY accelerated thinking, I was able to skip a few grades. Yeah, yeah, how cruel of my parents to put me, a little boy, in the nightmare that is college. But it made me really happy because I sure as hell didn't like kids my age. Then again, adults were irritating too...

    Especially my big brother. His name is Walter Baudelaire, but everyone calls him Wally. His name came from Mamas' love for Walt Disney. He seemed fairly nice, but could be a real pain in the ass. He was loud, annoying, and pretty obnoxious; he threw parties almost every weekend, which gave me migraines like you wouldn't believe.

    As bad as that sounded, there was one part of my life I really did enjoy. It was the fact Mama and Dad worked at Disney World. Dad worked as an engineer, or as they're called at Disney, imagineer, and he got to work with building the audio animatronics in the rides and attractions. Meanwhile, Mama was a Cast Member. She played Cinderella and took photos with kids in the Princess Fairytale Hall and in certain places in Magic Kingdom.

    Since they worked there, they got discounts and Wally and I could visit them at the parks whenever we wanted. They always got us fastpasses too so we could really have fun. Or more like so I could have fun. Wally always brought his friends and they would go do their own thing, so I pretty much wandered the parks alone.

    I really needed a friend...

    "Whoo! Ok!"

    God damnit...

    Wally came downstairs with that horribly strong scent following him, forcing me to gag and cover my nose.

    "What is that?!" I cried.