0.2

*

*

The next day passed in the same fashion, with Eleanor riding to school with her sister and her morning classes dragging along. Eleanor was so happy that her junior year was almost over, meaning she was one day closer to leaving Forks. Eleanor thought that once she left Forks, she wouldn't have to worry about losing control of her powers around her loved ones. She hated the thought of hurting one of her friends or a member of her family.

Bella dropped her tray down next to Eleanor, making the girl jump and look up towards her. "He's not here. After biology yesterday, I saw him in the office trying to change his classes so we wouldn't have class together."

In their biology class the day before, Bella had been paired up with Edward Cullen. While the boy was usually closed off from other students, Bella claimed he was rude and tense throughout class. El couldn't believe that he would actually go as far as to change his schedule just so he could sit alone.

"He keeps to himself, just like the rest of his family. I had classes with him last year and I don't think he ever spoke to anyone even if he was paired up with them." Eleanor attempted to comfort her new friend, but she had a feeling she wasn't very convincing.

Because she had never seen Edward Cullen - or any member of his family - work with anyone outside of their little circle. That didn't give him a reason to be rude to the new girl, of course.

"Did he ever ditch school after?" Bella asked, throwing a look to his family's table, where Edward was the only one absent. Alice's eyes snapped up to meet hers but El looked back to Bella soon after.

Eleanor raised her shoulders, trying her best to look apologetic, and Bella sighed. "I didn't think so."

Eleanor turned her head back over to their table, feeling a chill run down her spine when she saw Alice and Emmett staring at her. She raised a brow at them, hoping they'd look away once she caught them staring. When they didn't, Eleanor focused her gaze on both of them and moved both of her hands beneath the table before waving her fingers in their direction.

She watched as the siblings blinked, looking mildly confused before turning their gaze elsewhere, obviously feeling the effects of Eleanor's scarlet whirls. El sighed and looked down at her tray, feeling bad that she had to use her abilities on someone. She peaked up atBella, who was poking around at her food and nudged her shoulder. "Look, don't worry about him. Maybe he's going through some stuff right now. If you're really that upset about it, wait until he gets back and then confront him about it, okay?"

Eleanor stood with her tray and backpack, tossing Bella a small smile before leaving to meet Angela.

---