- 73 -

Jin's jaw dropped. "So we all almost died because Z wanted to see if Yoongi was son-in-law material?"

"What? No!" Z was quick to defend himself. And seeming to realize that he was talking to the founder of AC, Jin flushed hard and bowed his head to stare shyly at the ground. Z continued, not noticing Jin's sudden change of action. " I do think I have the right to do what I had done. I wanted to see how far he will go to protect my son and if he deserves my precious Jiminie. Jimin is just not some ordinary boy. He's the son of Alpha Centauri's Chief Agent, and because of X, that fact is not a secret to the world anymore."

Z looked at them all with pursed lips, his smile now gone, only to be replaced by a serious yet concerned expression. "The Data did not cease to exist, and Jimin would not cease being my son. I have no idea if the news has spread but I know for sure that this won't be the last time someone will go after Chimmy. Worse will come and although I'll be here for as long as I can, I will not be here forever."

"Appa..." Jimin whispered softly, so soft that only Yoongi was able to hear.

"I did not become the founder of Alpha Centauri because I was the best. It was because I was surrounded by people who made me feel that I could be at my best. I also want Jimin to be surrounded by the same people. I saw how Suga took care of him, and I also watched all of you take care of each other in the midst of everything that happened. I wanted to know how far the whole lot of you can go, how deep the wound should be before you start to break."

"But it did not happen. Because your bond is too strong to break." Z turned, looking at each one of them with awe in his eyes. He was the founder, yet he seemed to be the one who's looking up at them all. "Alpha Centauri is as frail as a skeleton right now. Agents are turning against each other and trust had become fragile. But you, all of you, reminded me that there's still hope in the organization that I had built, that AC had not been swallowed by greed and lust for power. Agent S, Agent H, Agent P, Agent R, Agent V, Agent A, Jungkook kid, and my Chimmy. You have all survived what must have been the most crucial mission in the history of Alpha Centauri."

The man then turned to Tadashi, a soft smile playing on his lips. "There's a lot of cleaning up to do in AC, but I'm glad that we have six agents here that I can trust to retain their ranks. I may even have one potential agent right in front of me."

The founder of AC eyed Jungkook with interest, making the younger boy gasp in amazement. "Jiminie! You're gonna become an agent. Daebak!" 

Taehyung snorted with a smile of his own as he ran his fingers through Jungkook's hair. "I think he meant you, Kook."

Jungkook blinked owlishly. "Me?"

His reaction was so cute that it made Jimin giggle. "Yes, you."

"Oh... I-I would be very glad, then! Umm... Wow." The astonishment was clear in Jungkook's eyes, making him look more like a cute bunny. Everyone either laughed or cooed at his reaction. But more than that, each of them flashed a content smile, Z's words sinking into their minds.

Somehow, Yoongi realized that the man was right. Alpha Centauri was now in an even more dangerous situation. X might have died but nobody knew the extent of what he had done. More things could happen, and Jimin could still be in danger. The existence of the Data is no longer a secret to the world and it's their job, as agents of AC, to protect it at all costs.

With a subtle smile, Yoongi realized that the mission had not yet ended.

And that it might never do.

"So Y, when will you start this kid's training?" Z said with a wink at Jungkook, who blinked his wide doe eyes. The boy did not even bother closing his gaping mouth--he was just too happy.