Chapter 39 | Regrets And The Silence That Comes With It

This is going to be a short chapter.

I'm sorry y'all :)

The next chapter has so much shit going down that I think y'all will like it! So please forgive me!

Hope y'all have a great day and remember to follow, vote, comment, and share!

P.S. Get this chapter to 30 comments and 35 followers for the next chapter! If all goes planned, it's going to be the last one before the Epilogue!

-Anne

•••

Chapter 39 | Regrets And The Silence That Comes With It

I could feel him hesitate before he wrapped his arms around me.

I've never felt so betrayed yet safe in someone's arms before.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry Lana." He mumbled into my hair, placing a kiss on my forehead.

We both froze at the action and slowly pulled away.

"Oh." He realized, "I didn't mean that- I mean I did but I don't regret it." He chuckled softly, rubbing the nape of his neck like he does when he's anxious.

"It's fine Gray, it was just an accident in the spur of the moment." I reassured him, hoping to believe what I was saying more than he would.

"Yea- yea. Spur of the moment." He solidified.

With that, the two of us found our silence once more and laid back on the cold, damp grass and looked up at the night sky once again.

"This is like deja vu." I muttered, finding the situational irony in the setting.

Gray nodded before sitting up.

"Listen Lana, I can't look at you without knowing that you aren't mine. " Gray's voice cracks once more.

"I just can't. I think I'm going insane." He told me, running his hands through his hair, clearly frustrated. 

A part of me felt pity.

One was anger and all the emotions I couldn't describe.

Another part of me who wanted him back to cuddle and to love screamed out all the reasons to go running straight back into his arms.

It was your first date! That's too early to be considered real.

But he asked you to be his girlfriend that night.

But he slept with her.

She was a friend.

And I didn't see it coming.

"Please, tell me. Are you willing to give me another chance?" He asked, his eyes looking hopeful.

Every part of me leaned towards yes as my gaze fixed back at him.

"No."

•••

"Gate 24 please get ready to board your flight from Clearwater, California to Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "

I stood up at the sound of the intercom, wheeling my small carry on and a lightweight mini backpack that was strapped to my back to the line of passengers presenting their boarding tickets.

Mother had sent the boxes and other loads of shit along for the ride earlier so that I wouldn't have to deal with the hassle.

It had all been shipped and has been sitting inside the dorm every since.

No one had really planned to send me off since mom had her hands tied with the boys and my father was doing god knows what.

Belle was busy at an interview for a during university job she could juggle on the side to help pay the student loans.

Which left me, heading nearly halfway across the nation to attending on of the school's who planned to give me pretty much a full ride and early acceptance.

I handed my plane ticket to the attendant who quickly scanned it before nodding and giving me a smile.

I smiled back and reached out to pat the entrance of the plane.

I needed all the luck I could get.

This wasn't how I expected my senior year to go but what happens happens for a reason.

•••

Updated: 4•13•18

Updated: 4•13•18