Chapter 10

Author's Note: Since I deprived my Readers of a Chapter previously because I was in the Hospital, I've decided to post a Second Chapter for this Week. Let me just say that once your flow is disrupted while writing it is very VERY difficult to get back into it. I had to go back over my notes because I kept forgetting people's names.. -_- Not to mention that there were small details that I had previously written about two chapters back and I still needed to go back over it to jog my memory. This is one of the things that I detest the most as a Writer; if you plan to write something it is better to write it almost back to back to keep your memory fresh with all the details. Sigh. Hope you guys enjoy this Chapter even if it is slightly boring in my opinion. Can't wait until the plot starts to roll. 

Also, I'd like to thank everyone for their well wishes in my speedy recovery. You guys must've done something right because last time I was stuck in the Hospital for 2 weeks as opposed to the 1 this time. :) 

Lily:

After Chao stopped fighting itself it returned to my Soul Space and I went to the Kitchen in order to make some cookies for the boys and Helena. Although Helena seemed to hate me now she was still my daughter and currently she was still laid out in bed. 

Celia reported to me that she had awoken at one point mumbling but went back to sleep. I was really worried though because black gas circulated across her skin. Inclementia made a point of telling me 'horror stories' she's seen in the past that were similar to this. My only hope is that nothing happens to Helena. 

As I entered the Kitchen I noticed Amelia, our Cook, sleeping carelessly in a chair in the corner. When I walked into 'her workspace' she seemed to have a sixth sense and her eyes immediately blinked open. 

"What can I do for you Mistress?"

I gave her a gentle smile to help ease her into allowing me to invade her kitchen. "I'm just wanting to bake something for the kids."

She gave me a frown of disapproval. It must be known that, as a young Miss, I shouldn't be doing 'servant tasks'. Unfortunately for her and Celia, I was relatively independent and liked to keep my room clean and baking. 

"Mistress should leave these sorts of things for us lowly ones. We are paid for it, after all."

Instead of getting upset with her I just continued giving her a placating smile. 

"I know. You've berated me on numerous occasions but you should be already aware already that I won't give up that easily," I teased. 

She gave a long suffering sigh before shrugging and leaning back in her chair again. 

"Do as you wish, My Lady."

I nodded at her in thanks before moving towards the fridge. Oddly enough, there were rare instances of modern amnesties but instead of electricity, magic was used. The fridge was metal but the inside held an Ice Layle which was something similar to a crystal ball that was injected with the Ice element. This was rather expensive since people with the Ice Element were rather rare; which meant that the demand in the 'market' was higher. Mostly, you'd only find these types of 'ice boxes' in the more wealthy households. 

My hand had just reached in to grab the milk but my hand skimmed over a piece of fruit and I stopped what I was doing. Before my eyes, I watched as that piece of fruit began to shrivel up and mold at a quickened pace. What was once healthy and fresh had turned into ashes almost within seconds. 

Amelia startled when I drew in a sharp gasp. "What is it?"

"Nothing. Nothing. I just remembered something is all. I'll leave you be for today, Amelia," I assuaged her worries before quickly leaving the Kitchen. 

What was actually going on? I looked at my pale hands in fright. For once, Inclementia stayed silent this time. 

Nathaniel:

Vincent and Leo were currently distracting themselves with their different books as I wrote into my journal. It wasn't a diary but a list of things I needed to accomplish. Number one on that list was convincing Damon to allow myself and the other two to go to the Deathlands. 

"Have either of you been able to talk Damon into allowing us to head towards the Deathlands?"

Vincent looked up from his rather large book and tilted his head to the side slightly. 

"He has been rather not forthcoming in that regard. Taki has assured me that it is of no importance to be assessed at the moment and therefore has been disregarded until he has time to address it. Currently he has other matters taking up his attention."

Leo looked up from his lazy position and kicked his legs up onto the table in front of him before shutting his 'book'.

"What's got your panties in a twist? Anxious much? Why don't you let off some of that steam? I know of a great place-"

"No thank you," I cut him off before he could continue. There was only one place that Leo frequented and I'd rather not go to that sort of indecent place. 

"Suit yourself," he shrugged before closing his eyes. 

"And I don't wear panties," I added indignantly. His only response was to chuckle. 

"Perhaps Damon wishes to seek Lily's input on us leaving to head to the Deathlands and so hasn't been able to give us an adequate response."

That did seem like Damon. All of us knew that he truly didn't care if something were to actually happen to us but he did take Lily's feelings into account. I hmm'ed in thought while the words in my journal seemed to blend together when my eyes became unfocused. 

While I was deep in thought a noise knocked me out of it. It sounded very similar to Lily but I'd never heard her curse that much before. My eyebrow rose and I glanced over at Vincent and Leo to make sure I wasn't imagining anything. 

"Was it just my imagination or did our Dearest Lily just say 'Fucking Hell'?"

"So it wasn't just me that heard that," I responded. 

"If your imagination has heard such things then I've acquired a new skill and can now manipulate magic in a way in which I can disregard mental barriers and assess people's imaginations."

Vincent's response left me baffled but I brushed it off and stood to go figure out what had Lily cursing so profusely. Even now she was still letting off the occasional cuss word and there were sounds of things being knocked over. I hurriedly exited the room and both Vincent and Leo were close behind. 

Lily's door was open and Celia was standing in the doorway with a look of shock on her face. 

"Out of the way," I ordered as I walked up. She seemed to be to shocked and moved subconsciously to allow me a way inside. What I saw made me stop in shock. Leo ran into my back which sent me stumbling forward. My mouth slightly dropped at the sight. 

"What the hell, Nathaniel," Leo grumbled from behind. I ignored him in favor of taking in the utter disaster that was Lily's room. 

Lily stood in the middle looking like she was about to cry with frustration. Her hair was a mess and the clothes she was wearing seemed to be slowly deteriorating. One of her arms was covering her breasts as she cursed everyone and everything for her 'shitty luck'. Her skirt was unraveling and it allowed her beautiful legs to be revealed. It was the first time I've seen her Markings there. 

She had so many! Why did she have Markings that belonged to different Elements than she was supposed to possess? It seemed Lily had been hiding a lot from us. 

Does anyone think they can guess what is going to happen in the next Chapter? What do you think happened to Lily? Leave a comment with your thoughts. I want to see who is the closest to my path. :D