9. Kiss me Once, Twice, Three Times Now I'm A Lady

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTER. AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE. 

             With a pep in my step, I chose extremely nutritious items off of the food pyramid and wrote them down in my journal. Making this well-balanced diet log has been nothing but a long and strenuous journey. Yesterday I tried to make the log online and look how that worked out. Jace was a distraction and I could not decide on the whole bread thing.

          Today I am determined to finish this as I stand in my office in front of the heavenly food pyramid chart. I have to make sure the well-balanced diet is low on acid, high in protein, low in fats, and low in bloating. Women…they tend to complain about every and any imperfection and I refuse to hear them complain about a thing when I release this diet out onto my nutrition blog titled: Kasey’s Trim and Thin Gems. I have to say, my blog has been popular for two years now without a single protest and I plan on keeping it this way.

        A knock sounded on my door and I tapped my chin, staring hard at the fruits section. Fruits have the most acid intake. I need to figure out which fruits will be the most beneficial for the ladies. “Come in,” I called out.

        A throat cleared and then Kenny popped his head in. “Hey, Kasey—” I shot him a glare and he blushed. “I mean, boss?” I nodded, looking back to the pyramid. He is silent still. I have an agenda.

        “What is it? Spit it out.” Gosh, can’t he see I’m busy? He’s such a nuisance. I can’t forget the carbs in this diet. Women need carbs. Maybe only two hundred and thirty carbs a day though. Which foods will help with this? I sighed.

        “I wanted to talk about last night,” he muttered, closing the door behind him.

        I grew rigid. Oh God. He wants to talk about the disaster that was last night. Maybe if he didn’t try to kiss me so much the date would have been considered normal. I need to work my way up to the kissing thing. Why can’t people understand that? Everyone just likes to dive into things and sometimes it’s okay to take things slow. Like with weight and getting healthy. People have to take it one step at a time. Can’t just dive in and immediately start doing squats with one hundred pound weights. It’s suicide. And that’s what Kenny was last night. Dating suicide.

        “Is that really appropriate right now, Kenny?”

        “Come on, Kasey, cut the fucking crap, alright?”

        I threw my notebook down onto my desk, turning to face him with narrowed eyes. “Your language, Kenny.”

        “But it was okay when perfect Justin didn’t watch his language, wasn’t it?”

        I gaped. “What are you talking about?”

        “Oh come on!” He clenched his hands in his hair. Oh my God, is he going mad like the characters always do in Shakespeare plays because I saw Hamlet one time and Hamlet and Ophelia get crazy. “I saw the way you were looking at Justin, like he was some high and mighty rock star.”

        Rolling my eyes, I walked around to my desk. Of course I noticed how Kenny’s eyes trailed me from my black pumps, up to my stockings, and back to my eyes. “You’re being ridiculous. Why can’t we talk about this in an informal setting, hm?”

        “Because, Kasey, I want to talk about this right now. What did you expect out of last night, huh? What did you want for the night to be perfect? Maybe…oh, I don’t know, if you hadn’t have been teasing me and running around your little apartment things could have gone smoother.”