Chapter Seven - Love?

Song of the chapter - Breathe by Jax Jones

Blair

It was now dark out and all of the stars above me were visible. It was really beautiful and relaxing. The only thing throwing off this peaceful and quiet night was the music coming from Deanna's house. Everyone was at her house and I was in an abandoned old shed, sitting on the patio. I was't big on people but I knew the day this place would crash, I would need to stick with Rick and his people. This place will crash, one day. It won't stay on stand for the next years, that is if any of us are alive.

I examined people in nice clothes, walking down the street to Deanna's. Maggie and Glenn caught my eye and they were laughing together, so happily. I wanted to be happy but I couldn't because I knew my dad was hunting me down, outside those walls. I also know that I am never gonna get away from him, no matter how hard I tried. 

Throughout the day another thing kept me thinking. Carl. Why is Carl talking about me to everyone, does he like me, like that? I know the first night I was here he kissed my cheek but, that doesn't mean we're a thing. I'm 100% sure he's with Enid as well. It hurts that me and Carl aren't a thing but I also can't get into that with him. If he found out everything I have been telling him and his people are lies, I'll get kicked out and never have a normal experience again. I need to keep replaying in my mind that I don't like Carl, no matter how much I actually like him. I need to keep telling him that.  

Carl

My dad carried Judith to Deanna's as the street was silent and all we could hear was the music. I found it awfully weird that there a party here in Alexandria but it was nice at thought for a little bit of the normal stuff. I wonder if Blair would show herself at this party but then something in the distance caught my eye. 

My dad and Judith were ahead and I stopped to stare at the figure on the patio of an old house. It was Blair by herself, smoking a cigarette. I never knew she smoked? Where did she get them from? Blair was too appealing to me and I want everything to expand into something more. Like a relationship. Blair would never allow that thought, no matter how hard I try. 

"Carl?" I heard my dad speak and I looked over at him. I waited for him to speak again and I just stared at him. "Go see her. But be back here soon." He said and laid a hand on my shoulder. I nodded and he walked all the way down to Deanna's house. I stood for a second and examined her. There was something about her which threw me off as well. She looked like she was hiding secrets. 

I don't know what to do at this point because earlier when I was with Enid, she kissed me and It felt good but I wanted to be with Blair, not her. Enid poured everything out to me about Blair. Enid went on for half an hour straight, explaining to me why she doesn't like Blair. She thought Blair is undercover which is totally stupid. Blair was just a young girl who was out in the woods for the whole of her life. 

I sighed to myself deeply and started walking over to her. Her feet were propped up on the steps and her head was down. She didn't stop puffing on her cigarette even though she saw me coming over. She was comfortable of who she was and what she was doing. I stood in front of her and she looked up at me for a second and put her head back down. 

I took a seat beside her on the porch. The smell of tobacco filled my nose and it wasn't nice at all but I knew the smell due to Daryl. Wait, that's who she got them from. "You smoke?" I spoke up and she inhaled. "Yeah." She answered simply. Wow, this was going to be harder than I thought. "You have a problem with that?" She asked and looked up at me. I scoffed slightly and stared at her.